Prince Edward School, 1940/50/60s

Hi Jean,please check your pm let me know if you've received it OK, Dave.:)

Hi i went to prince edwards school in the 60s and i was wonderin what happened to some of my friends Sandra Hewitt, Wendy Grice, David Hool, Susan Haywood and many more. We were all in the same class. Sandra and Susan where my best Friends got loads of good memories.:)

Hi Dave. Well, at least if you've still got some hair, even if it's grey, is more than some of the lads will have left.:hihi:

I knew about Dave Straw passing away, he had a heart attack when he was still in his thirties. Sad to hear that Robert has gone too.

Do you see or keep in contact with any of the others from junior school? I doubt I'd recognise most of them now. I do have contact with Susan Haywood and John Kenyon on Facebook though.

I remember the last time I saw you was in the Elm Tree pub, you recognised me but I didn't you at first. That must be 35 years ago now.:o

Hi , I was in the same class as Susan Haywood and Sandra Hewitt, bring back nice memories when I hear some of the names on this forum, it's sad about Dave and Robert.

H there,Val2783,Could this be "Valarie Hopkins" who used to live on Hurlfield Road just below the The Punchbowl pub??surely not.

I was educated at Nether Edge Grammar school till 1946, We held our school swimming championships at Prince Edward School pool, where I won the High board diving finals. What a school to have its own pool! Many high schools here have them but they were rare in the UK.

Hi there, Buck,I think the school you are refering to is King Edward School not Prince Edward School??

H there,Val2783,Could this be "Valarie Hopkins" who used to live on Hurlfield Road just below the The Punchbowl pub??surely not.

Hi old dave you've guessed think ive guessed who u r. This is the first time i've used this forum nice to read about old good friends, lost touch with most of them years ago.

Hi there Val, luv,Long time no see or even talk,The last time that i saw you and in deed the only time that i saw you from leaveing school was in the Arundel club,in the early 70's you and your man came and sat at our table,Yes you'v gessed i'm David Hoole:):)

Hi dave, i thought so forgot about seeing you in the club that was a while ago. Hope your keeping well, are you still living in Sheffield lovely to hear from you :) Do still hear anything from any old Friends

Hiya Val, Jean (Haigh) here. I remember you, Sandra and Susan. Are you on Facebook. I'm in touch with Sue on there.:)

Hi Val,Yes i have been intouch with Jean Haigh,do you remember her,Jeans post name is merrydown,Also i have been in touch with Johny Kenyon via facebook.Are you on facebook?Look me up,might be scary.:):):)

The last time I saw Sandra was in the early 70's, it was her first day working at a shop on Chapel Walk and she had just found out she was having a baby....