Meynell Road School - 1958 - 64

The same John that we all cycled to Castleton with so many years ago in the six weeks school holidays.

I still have one or two photos of that day. Don't have the bike though.

Howard Wragg lived near the top of Bullen road ,very quiet lad. Did not seem to join in with the other boys. Used to live at the side of a couple named Hurst who didn't have any kids.

That's right,  did he not have health problems that kept him apart from all of us.

Did he live across from the Coopers, I think the son was called Malcome ? Don't remember the daughters name.

Two teachers names that have come to mind from either Fox Hill or Meynell Rd. Miss Challis and Mr Silvester.  

My relatives lived on Bullen - Keith and Sharon Hibbert.  I went to Meynell with Pauline Whomersley who also lived on Bullen, sadly her brother Ronnie died very young.

On 30/03/2022 at 17:41, Robert Farish said:

Remember you well Ian, I managed to play a bit of football and league cricket out here. Miss hearing how all my old team mates both cricket and football from school are faring since leaving Meynell

Not been on here for years and didn't expect to see such recent posts.  Remember you well Robert, you too Ian (gramps48), nice to see new names since my last visit.⁹  We were in the same class from Foxhill through Meynell.  I am Kathleen Weeds (as was) and now live in Chesterfield,  so not too far from my roots, but really bad at keeping in touch with school friends, sometimes life just gets in the way!  After marriage and children I worked for the NHS then started my own audio transcription business, but now retired. 

I remember lots of names, mostly those that came via Foxhill as I have class photographs of first and fourth year juniors as visual prompts but no pics from Meynell.  It was nice reading your posts, hearing your stories and would love to here from others but sadly I don't think there are many on here.  Hope to here more - Kath

I seen to remember a Janet Weeds at Foxhill  and Maynell, and wondered if this is a relation? 

Hi Kathleen, its me again Susan Hibbert that was.  Glad to hear you are still around - last time we spoke you were spending time in skegness - now back in Chesterfield.  We lived there after marrying in 1967.  Now 45 years in Cornwall still having a good time.