52 Bus Drivers?

Can anyone answer me the following question having yet again this morning made the journey down Handsworth Road from the Parkway junction and found myself behind another 52 bus.

The question is, would the drivers who drive the 52 route actually pass their PSV test if they pulled up to a bus stop, (especially the first two after the Parkway as you travel down to Darnall when there are no vehicles parked anywhere near the lower part of the stop) at an angle to the kerb, which causes them to completely block off the outside lane and prevent any movement of traffic. ??

Surely they are taught to pull up square to the kerb when they can do so which the driver this morning and drivers of the 52 in the past have absolutely no intention of doing, certianly on this bit of the 52 route.

It fair makes my blood boil as I have no intention of damaging one of my wheels by attempting to pull two wheels onto the central reserve to try and get round what appears to me to be an incompetent bus driver.

Talk about being a professional driver. !!:rant: :rant:

And I thought we were doing well:D , its been at least 2 weeks since the last complaint on here:hihi:

Can anyone answer me the following question having yet again this morning made the journey down Handsworth Road from the Parkway junction and found myself behind another 52 bus.

The question is, would the drivers who drive the 52 route actually pass their PSV test if they pulled up to a bus stop, (especially the first two after the Parkway as you travel down to Darnall when there are no vehicles parked anywhere near the lower part of the stop) at an angle to the kerb, which causes them to completely block off the outside lane and prevent any movement of traffic. ??

Surely they are taught to pull up square to the kerb when they can do so which the driver this morning and drivers of the 52 in the past have absolutely no intention of doing, certianly on this bit of the 52 route.

It fair makes my blood boil as I have no intention of damaging one of my wheels by attempting to pull two wheels onto the central reserve to try and get round what appears to me to be an incompetent bus driver.

Talk about being a professional driver. !!:rant: :rant:

Why are you getting that worked up about having to wait for a grand total of abouut twenty seconds?

Talking about bus drivers, we went to tesco yesterday to get some shopping. After we pulled off hunters bar roundabout and went up the junction at the side of the school there was a bus driving up the road, the driver was obviously having some sort of problem with the bus and was doing about 5 m.p.h up the road.

Not a problem for us we were in no hurry there was another car in front of us and a steady que behind us. Anyway there was some tool in a silver golf hooting his horn every few seconds . Eventually when we reached the junction at the top and got to a safe place to overtake, the o.h indicated to overtake and started to pull out, good job he was paying attention because as we started to pull out the tool shot down the road at speed nearly hitting us. well thanks to O.H quick response we avoided collision. what a pillock :rant: If you are reading this I want you to know you shook up three kids and Its a good juob I talked the O.H out of strangling you at the next set of traffic lights when you stopped at the red light because he was very close to doing it....

Take the bus number, complain to the bus company. Ranting about it on here is not going to help (unless you feel the "me, me, me" need, which so many do).

Why are you getting that worked up about having to wait for a grand total of abouut twenty seconds?

:hihi: same thoughts i had! Not as if buses are stationary at a stop for 30 minutes, at most its only a couple of minutes when loads of people are getting on.

Advice for the OP - set off 5 minutes earlier and then you won't be in such a hurry to get to your destination and you'll give your stress levels a rest :D

You state "when there are no vehicles parked anywhere near the lower part of the stop"

This inferrs that there are vehicles actually on the stop. or somewhere near the apex to the stop, or the bus's angle of approach to the stop, in which case you should be blaming your fellow car drivers for parking near a bus stop.

Apple Juice

You state "when there are no vehicles parked anywhere near the lower part of the stop"

This inferrs that there are vehicles actually on the stop. or somewhere near the apex to the stop, or the bus's angle of approach to the stop, in which case you should be blaming your fellow car drivers for parking near a bus stop.

Where ever there is a bus stop there will be parked cars:suspect:

Both stops were actually clear of any vehicles what so ever and the reason I mentioned about there being no cars parked below the stop was to cover the point that might have arisen that they would not have been able to pull out due to a vehicle being below the stop.

If it was any other professional driver, say an emergency service vehicle being driven as badly, then I'm sure the comments would be far more in number.

As for the comment about having a moan on here and it being a me me me thing, if one was to have a look at the opening couple of pages of topics currently running on the discussions page, a good percentage of them are moans. !!

Even down to someone wanting to know why we arent having as many gang wars involving firearms in the city.

At least Im only having a moan about bad driving and not wishing we had some kind of major gun gang war culture running in the city just so we can keep up with the Manchester and Nottingham trends. !

May be the driver was making sure they could pull back out in to traffic without waiting for 5 minutes while other road users refuse to let them back in the traffic flow.