Cheap petrol at Waitrose

The_Bear

Waitrose do have really high quality food, but i still think it's over priced for what it is. It is definatly the high end of the market, but surely at the end of the day the raw materials for food can't cost that much. I think a lot of the pricing is becuase of the smart packaging and appearance of the food. Although the food itself is good!

No, Waitrose is a part of the John Lewis partnership and has been up until now a southern-based chain. With the sale of Safeway to Morrison's they've taken this opportunity to expand to the north of England. The first one opened in Harrogate a little while ago and I think the Sheffield one is second. The colour scheme is brown and orange and is as different from Safeway's as you can imagine. The food is of a different standard entirely to most other supermarket chains both in terms of the quality and the range. Think M&S food and you'll be getting close.

We should be honoured that we're getting a Waitrose. They are usually only located in wealthy areas (e.g. they have stores in Richmond, Surrey, East Sheen, Kensington, Bath etc)

Originally posted by E-Man Groovin

We should be honoured that we're getting a Waitrose. They are usually only located in wealthy areas (e.g. they have stores in Richmond, Surrey, East Sheen, Kensington, Bath etc)

Perhaps they saw the potential after Sheffield Hallam reached the headlines 3 years in a row for being one of the wealthiest places in the UK? Waitrose should be honoured that they have a store in Sheffield able to tap into this potential, not vice versa (afterall, they're the ones getting our money).

The colour scheme is brown and orange and is as different from Safeway's as you can imagine.

Waitrose has been dragged into the John Lewis rebranding exercise and is now just as green and sports the same diagonal stripes. At least the Peterborough branch is. Can't see them opening a new one in the old colours.

Will they still have the hand scanners? I know some other branches of w'rose have them.

er......... and............... Newark.

their new colour scheme is the brightest of lime greens! i've only ever been to two - one in belgravia, and one in canary wharf which has the worst restaurant in any supermarket ever. so if you are going for cheap petrol, don't be tempted by the smell of roasting chickens etc- it's dire! just fill up and get lunch somewhere else.

2 days to go....

Archived