The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Grrr, I AM SO ANGRY! I desperately want to quit but seem unable to, stopped from 1st - 4th then as soon as i got back to work i was back on the fags. Ive tried everything but zyban or champix. I was so upset last week and i had a read up about these two and decided to give them a go, so i made an appointment and waited a week Now the surgery has just rang and told me that they have to cancel my appointment as the nurse is sick and they cant see me til next week. Was unable to make new appointment as my rota for next week wont be done til tomorrow so i dont know when i have free to go. im SO annoyed, of course its not the nurses fault shes sick but i was really looking forward to getting in there to get the stuff and get quit. GRRRAAAAA!

Hi Fab Girl - Ah I sooooo feel for you. It's such a monumental decision to quit. Like you, I'd made my mind up, went to see the nurse only to be told that I couldn't have Champix until I'd completed 12 weeks of NRT - I was totally devasted. :o I wanted to quit! Why weren't they welcoming me with open arms??? :D Good news is that I got my Champix just before Christmas am now on day 14 and have had one sneaky puff in the last 24 hours. Try and keep yourself motivated and not get too frustrated - it will happen xx

Hey Lyn, Good advice, however my advice to you is NO SNEAKY PUFF'S!! They lead to another and before you know it you start smoking again. I made the same fatal mistake and thought Champix were the wonder drug, they are a wonder drug in that they help, however its down to the individuals will power to want to stop as well... Sorry hope it does not sound like I am teaching you to suck eggs, just trying to warn you of the evil weed and its eagerness to break you and control you again... :D

Come on Lyn you can do it!! We are in this together, this is far better than any smoking cessation class, NRT cold turkey, its a great oppurtunity as will power + Champix + SF Champix = success :D Keep it going and remember day by day. One other word of advise to others is that I cut down on champix and stopped way too early, this may suit some but others may need to keep on it for upto 3 months or more. I am doing 1 whole tablet in the morning and 1/2 at night, this seems to be working a treat and whilst still tired I can get up in the morning rather than keep being late for work :|

Good evening all,

*Walks in and gives Lyn a swift kick up the @rse as she doesn't need those sneaky puffs* Stay strong instead. You waited far too long for the Champix so dont blow it now.. You can do it you know :):)

Emma, I am sooooo sorry and dont know what to say so Ill shut it and just give give you a BIG ((((hug))))) instead. Im so proud of you keeping off the evil weed..

Fab-girl, sorry you missed out on your appointment. I do hope all goes well for you when you finally get your Champix..

Well done to everyone else, your all stars. Jo xxxx

Grrr, I AM SO ANGRY! I desperately want to quit but seem unable to, stopped from 1st - 4th then as soon as .......

its not often i post in this topic but come on girl

between the 1st and 4th ....... nothing changed, nothing fell off and you didnt change color ..... but you also didnt smoke for 3 whole days ..... so why throw all that hard work away ........YOU dont need these pills.

Just a quick post to say I am now Champix Day 18 and smoke FREE Day 11! Woo Hoo! Am finding that I think about having a ciggy less and less each day - sometimes even go hours without thinking about them. On the down side, I have caught myself making the 'Nigella Lawson Cooing Noises' when I cook :( Portion size has grown and I am now eating enough to sustain a small country. New quitters - don't let that dismay you - the thrill of being smoke free more than makes up for the pound or two of weight gain in the interim. I have made an appt with my Dr for a follow up this Friday and to pickup the remainder of the prescription. I have recommended Champix to a number of long term smokers who have tried (and failed) at the other more 'conventional' methods. I have also recommended they join/read this thread :)

On another note:

Emma - So sorry to hear about your boys' condition. My thoughts are with you.

Good luck and well done all you quitters. Without your help I doubt whether I would have had the stamina/courage/willpower/gazoolies to stick with it.

Well I think some side effects have finally kicked in had some serious road rage today at some numpty speedy along the country road where i lived, stupid B***** W****R :rant: forced me into the field was lucky I was only doing 20mph and in this weather too!!!!! Or maybe not.. Perhaps just an effect of the situation

My quit day was booked for tomorrow but as I ran out last night and live miles from the shop I deceided not to waste any more money on cigs so stopped last night at 7.15, have had a few thoughts about going to the shop especially when had my morning cuppa, but haven't given in to temptation yet, I mean if i fall at the 1st hurdle what hope have i got?

Anyway keep up the good work everyone