The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

hi all well went to see the nurse at the drop in centreit was heaving i was so glad that id stopped and not just starting,anyway the didnt know if i could cut tabs up so she went and asked the mail nurse and he said yes so shall start on monday on 1/2 ive got 4 weeks left so ill see how it goes, free2breathe you did great not running for the poison sticks(didnt want to say fags lol)and saxondale you are a plonker if fab girl wants to stop then she will so encourageing would be more fitting i bet you smoke thats why you are miffed, chrissy:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i STOPPED SMOKING A 12 MONTHS AGO AND ID TRIED THE SMKING PILLS GAVE ME NIGHTMARES THEN WAS TOLD SOMEONE I HAD KNOWN FOR YEARS HAD CANCER I WALKED IN THE HOUSE SCREWED UP THE PACK AND HAVE NEVER SMOKED SINCE HE DIED AND TRUST ME ILL NEVER TOUCH ANOTHER CIGGY AGAIN

and saxondale you are a plonker if fab girl wants to stop then she will so encourageing would be more fitting i bet you smoke thats why you are miffed, chrissy:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

typical of someone who posts but doesnt read - I stopped 16 weeks ago and was encouraging her ........... you`ve stopped too?

Hello everyone past and present quitters

It's been absolutely ages since i've been on here. I'm 6 months smoke free on the 25th Jan and rarely think about ciggies these days.

I think Champix is absolutely brilliant.

Has anybody heard about how Kevin is? Kevin if you're reading this how are you?

Good luck to everyone starting out. You can do it

x

its not often i post in this topic but come on girl

between the 1st and 4th ....... nothing changed, nothing fell off and you didnt change color ..... but you also didnt smoke for 3 whole days ..... so why throw all that hard work away ........YOU dont need these pills.

If you look at the bolded part (my bolding) you can understand our (Chrissie and me at least) resentment at your posting in this thread. The title of this thread is "Champix - new quit smoking pill" and the title obviously suggests that discussions herein are about Champix a pill. Yet you barge in with your own personal agenda, suggesting that a contributer to a thread about a pill doesn't need 'these pills'.

So, frankly, you are not encouraging her, you are subverting her intention to use a pill as a cessation aid. Please don't disparage anyone for quitting, no matter the method they use to quit. Disparaging is not encouraging.

I'm pleased you have quit for sixteen weeks. I've only quit for four weeks so you've twelve weeks on me. My agenda is about using Champix to quit smoking. Declare your agenda and if it's not about using Champix, post elsewhere other than a thread about champix.

Thank you.