The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

hi everyone, just thought i would update you all. this is what my quit counter says!

I have stopped nicotine for 3 months, 27 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes and 44 seconds (119 days).

I've not smoked 2398 death sticks, and saved £542.17.

I've saved 8 days, 7 hours and 48 minutes of my life.

today is now 4 months smoke free, (because of feb being a short month)

i really can't believe i've come this far but so pleased i have. i do still think about smoking and i do want one at least once a day but my determination not to stops me. i still use the inhalator at times to control my moments when i need that inhale.

good to see my new quitters on here as well as all the old faces. well done everyone, keep up the good work.

lyn

i've re-discovered cough candy thanks to you! xx

ali

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI everybody been reading from beggining now at page 121 starting champix in mornin pooing myself stoping the fags is so hard and without going into great detail ive stopped class Assuccessfully but the fags man they are different so congrats to all for even attempting. its my bday today 46 two babies and would hate them to smoke so i have to stop champix please help .

jabber enjoyed your posts man i could relate i hope as i progress thru the pages you stop

anyway day 1 tomorrow will post and let you know my 2pennies worth

up the pool

Hi again Rustee

To see the money piling up in a glas jar -is not a bad motivation either :-)

Thought of saving for a weekend at a spa just outside Oslo......Might take awhile but worth it

Keep up the good work Rusty we are quitbuddies

Hi All, Hope all going well with all of you no matter what stage you are at- you have to admit champix definately has something going for it but you also need strengh of resolve- otherwise it would be too easy. Had smokers around today and was fascinated with them and tried to imagine what its like but still have that memory of ciggies tasting like adolf hitlers earwax! I reall hope you all have the success you deserve!

Welcome oneeye

Well done and giving up the other stuff. If you can do that I'm sure you manage this with the help of Champix.

Happy Birthday to you and here's to a new beginning for you and your kids.

xxx

Hello All and well done to you all for doing so well, and good luck to the new people, you can do it, if I can, anybody can!

Glad to hear you are doing well Rustee, was the 2nd week easier than the first for you? I had my worst day today, day 8, maybe it was because I was at home rather than at work but I just got SO wound up with my poor kids all day and was so snappy, now they are in bed I am fine again :hihi: All I could think of was going to buy a pack but I didn't as I knew I might not be able to stop at just 1.

Hope you are doing Ok Wilbert.

Ellieann - hello where are you!!

Hey Gemini..hi everyone..

Well today was much better then yesturday...man that was a hard one. I've had moments were I want one, but not to bad. After supper i really wanted one, like a salivating dog, i can taste it, my mouth almost feels like its watering, but it was close to the time I take my tablet, so I'll chalk it up to that. I'm snappy and easily annoyed to Gemini, it doesn't take much to rub me the wrong way and set me off. But I've got three days under my belt and there is no way I m going back now, its to torturous!! No day could compare to the way i felt yesterday..I read some of the A.Carr book online, just the main theories he has and it did make sense, and when I am down, I think of some of the things he says about how a smoker thinks and it helps...so heres to one more daydown:)

Hi Kathy I think in the first few days I just felt weird and numb and down but didn't actually want a cigarette it was a lot easier than I thought. My worst time now is in the mornings I really miss it and feel down but the rest of the day is ok really I'm def not screaming out for a fag or desperate for one but just get little thoughts like I'd just like one. I read the Alan Carr book though so I know that just one will just put nicotine back in my body and when it has gone I'll get withdrawals and need another and another as the cycle continues til it kills me. :):thumbsup: His book is all about smoking being an illusion - smoking doesn't make you feel relaxed, there is no pleasure in smoking and a cigarette is not a crutch. The only reason you smoke is to end the withdrawal symptoms and make yourself feel better - the last cigarette you smoked is why you feel insecure and miserable now because the nicotine has left your body and your brain is telling you that you will feel better if you smoke another one. Non smokers don't have this problem. It is a good book and you realise that once the nicotine is out of your system within the first few days then the rest is just all in your head! Once you put your last cigarette out you have to think of yourself as a non smoker and be happy to be one and that is it. Hm I think I need to re-read a few chapters but I think it did help me a lot. You can buy the DVD or book here http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3123661/Allen-Carr-Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking/Product.html?add=3123661[/url]

Sorry to waffle but we can do it, what is pleasurable about putting dirty smelly smoke in our mouths and having to stand outside feeling like a leper to do it - we can beat the little nicotine monster in our heads and kill him off.

I also like to re-read this and it helps:thumbsup:

Hey Gemini..hi everyone..

Well today was much better then yesturday...man that was a hard one. I've had moments were I want one, but not to bad. After supper i really wanted one, like a salivating dog, i can taste it, my mouth almost feels like its watering, but it was close to the time I take my tablet, so I'll chalk it up to that. I'm snappy and easily annoyed to Gemini, it doesn't take much to rub me the wrong way and set me off. But I've got three days under my belt and there is no way I m going back now, its to torturous!! No day could compare to the way i felt yesterday..I read some of the A.Carr book online, just the main theories he has and it did make sense, and when I am down, I think of some of the things he says about how a smoker thinks and it helps...so heres to one more daydown:)

Well done Katherine, after 3 days the little monster should be nearly dead cos you haven't fed him with any nicotine! Ooh I had such a bad day, but I feel ok now and tomorrow is another day.