The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Inger, I have had the most even time of it, not many ups and not many downs. In other words, I have had mild cravings throughout my eleven weeks, none so urgent that I would choose to smoke but also, no days or weeks when I didn't have cravings.

Good morning Quack

That was good to hear, mild cravings - I have them too, not difficult to resist at all. It seems I respond to this as most people do :)

Keep up the good work group and have a nice day

Inger

Not snowing today in Oslo - thanks for that

When does it ever end!!!!!!!!!

I went to the nurse today, got another month of the blue tablets. She said I can stay on for longer than 12 weeks if I need to. Feeling ok, still a couple of wobbly bits during the day, normally when I get up and when I get home from work, but apart from that don't really think about it so far but am only at 10 days smoke free.

Day 6 here smoke free. Thanks Quack'sEcho, i thought mabey it was just me(craving all the time)...

I've been feeling pretty miserable...just down. I've been eating to much at night also, got to quit that, buy some grapes/fruit or something.:banana:

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Hi I am on day 5 of Ziban I am still puffing away my quit day is friday I am scared.

I find I can not sleep at night I suffer from Cfs and these Ziban make me very alert pity I cant take them forever.

Hello everyone. Glad to hear of your successes! Way to go. I'm Day 5 on Champix ... I've scheduled my quit day for Day 10. No real side affects so far (tiny bit of nausea), so we'll see if that changes when the dose increases next week. I haven't reduced my amount of smoking, yet, but hoping it will kick in soon.

Have a great day everyone. Cheers.

Edited by ljeanner

Hi ljeanner same has me but I am on Ziban I start taking two thursday I will be whizzing around my home will be super clean.

Good luck with them xx

Inger, I have had the most even time of it, not many ups and not many downs. In other words, I have had mild cravings throughout my eleven weeks, none so urgent that I would choose to smoke but also, no days or weeks when I didn't have cravings.

Eleven weeks ago I had smoked for fifty-one years with most of that about fifty cigarettes a day. I'm sixty-four years old so it was an ingrained habit to be sure.

Katherined, hang in there, as I said above, I have not had a day without cravings.

janettenn and eclair, congratulations on your decision to quit and your courage to date.

LINDAJAYNE, 21 weeks! well done. :D

Gemini65, one off day has to be expected now and then. Glad you're back on track.

diggerd, when are you visiting ReeRee? Maybe you can report on her progress without destroying confidentiality.

Hey There congratulations- I too have felt that middle ground experience of wanting a ciggie but not compelled to have one. Have had very few side effects , waking up at 3am every morning being one of them and having interesting dreams,but thats it. I feel very lucky and think I would be a fool to throw this chance of not smoking away by having a puff.

I know its only 8 days for me now but i could never have envisaged going this far without champix.

Regards to Gemini65, hope all ok with you. You are a few days ahead of me and i look for your posts.

Bill

I have been on champix since last tuesday. this is the second day on the blue pills. I feel very sick after taking the pills and a bit sleepy too. The worst part is that I feel very very bad tempered, you know how you get when someone wakes you up early on a sunday!!

I have now brought myself upstairs for the evening , as im affraid my temper will not tolerate 2 boys bickering all night again!

Has anyone else felt this uptight or a feeling of wanting to vomit while smashing someones car up, just to feel better???

Help:loopy::rant::rant::rant:

Day 6 here smoke free. Thanks Quack'sEcho, i thought mabey it was just me(craving all the time)...

I've been feeling pretty miserable...just down. I've been eating to much at night also, got to quit that, buy some grapes/fruit or something.:banana:

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Sorry to hear that Katherine, I felt a bit down over the weekend but we have nothing to be miserable about, we should be happy that we can do this. But I know how you are feeling and it is easier said than done and it is normal to feel like you are "grieving", not that Alan Carr would like to hear me say that! Stay positive, I'm sure better days are coming. ps Are you taking the full dose?

I have been on champix since last tuesday. this is the second day on the blue pills. I feel very sick after taking the pills and a bit sleepy too. The worst part is that I feel very very bad tempered, you know how you get when someone wakes you up early on a sunday!!

I have now brought myself upstairs for the evening , as im affraid my temper will not tolerate 2 boys bickering all night again!

Has anyone else felt this uptight or a feeling of wanting to vomit while smashing someones car up, just to feel better???

Help:loopy::rant::rant::rant:

Hi I know what you mean about the bickering boys but the rest does not sound good, especially as you have not stopped smoking yet??? I have not had these effects but I think others who have have taken a smaller dose of the tablets and I am sure they will post and advise you, if not maybe you could speak to your doctor about it. Hope it goes ok.

Hey There congratulations- I too have felt that middle ground experience of wanting a ciggie but not compelled to have one. Have had very few side effects , waking up at 3am every morning being one of them and having interesting dreams,but thats it. I feel very lucky and think I would be a fool to throw this chance of not smoking away by having a puff.

I know its only 8 days for me now but i could never have envisaged going this far without champix.

Regards to Gemini65, hope all ok with you. You are a few days ahead of me and i look for your posts.

Bill

Hi Bill

Glad to hear you are doing ok. This is my 11th day and feeling like you, very few side effects and amazed that I have done this. I found the weekend difficult but I got through it. I find at work it is the easiest, I now don't even think about smoking all day when I'm at work. Long may we continue!

Hi I know what you mean about the bickering boys but the rest does not sound good, especially as you have not stopped smoking yet??? I have not had these effects but I think others who have have taken a smaller dose of the tablets and I am sure they will post and advise you, if not maybe you could speak to your doctor about it. Hope it goes ok.

I have decided to stop on the latest day i can(day 14) today is day 8!!! hoping that i will be full of chemicals by day 14 and stand a better chance, if that makes sense?!!