The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

The thing that bugs me about what metalheads is saying is that rock & alternative types shouldn't have the same amount of choice of where to go clubbing as everyone else who could go to a different place every night if they wanted! :roll:

I see your point, but logistically, the number of 'rockers' (for want of a better label) in Sheffield, compared to the number of 'everyone else', gives the probable answer. There are far more people into 'dance' and 'mainstream' music than there are rock fans.......hence more choice.......so if you have too many venues offering the same thing to a relatively small group of people, its choice yes, but economically for each club does not make as much sense as opening more mainstream or other totally untapped genre markets.

I see your point, but logistically, the number of 'rockers' (for want of a better label) in Sheffield, compared to the number of 'everyone else', gives the probable answer. There are far more people into 'dance' and 'mainstream' music than there are rock fans.......hence more choice.......so if you have too many venues offering the same thing to a relatively small group of people, its choice yes, but economically for each club does not make as much sense as opening more mainstream or other totally untapped genre markets.

Both the former 'Fez' and Casbah are quite little though so I think Sheffield can easily sustain those and Corp - people might just go out more given a bit more choice.

I got fed up of going to the same club week in week out so I like the prospect of it being a bit more like the old days - aside from the bit with the sticky carpets and flooded loos of course! :hihi:

I am quite excited by the prospect of a new rock night/club.

IMO Copr has gradually gone down hill, most of my most recent nights in there have been average at best, and it seems to be pretty dead.

I agree with you the Corp has definately gone down hill recently most of my friends refuse to go there anymore.

I feel the Corp just want to do music for students now and are not interested in the rest of us.

I agree with you the Corp has definately gone down hill recently most of my friends refuse to go there anymore.

I feel the Corp just want to do music for students now and are not interested in the rest of us.

And this is where Rebels and The Tube will come into play. :clap:

And this is where Rebels and The Tube will come into play. :clap:

How did the name THE TUBE arise? Any connection with the Channel 4 TV show from 1982, or the former rock bar in Sheffield known as THE UNDERGROUND in 1984?

does anyone remember the metal night round the back of ki kis, up stairs, i think it was called cuba at the time

does anyone remember the metal night round the back of ki kis, up stairs, i think it was called cuba at the time

Was that not the first RESERVOIR ROCKS night with DJ Mutley, circa 1994 or 5?

might have been, i just remember it being tiny and full of smoke.

i remember it getting so hot in ki kis that the purple paint used to melt and get all over your clothes.

Was that not the first RESERVOIR ROCKS night with DJ Mutley, circa 1994 or 5?

It was, probably more 95. The tiniest dance floor in the world.:|:hihi:

yaeh, not a lot of space for my unique style of dancing, if you can call it that :hihi:

Don't understand why open a 3rd rock club when there are 2 already! Corporation is great and has 3 rooms and apparently is many times the size of this Fex Club and much better....

I met a lot of 'old rockers' in last 5 days and everyone was talking about it but no one had a kind word to say about the guy who owns this new club...apparently he ripped off loads of folks back in the 90's and turned his old rock club into a dance club, leaving the town with no rock nights at all??? Apparently it was also the Corporation who brought back rock nights to this town after he ****** off everyone big time.

So count me out Rebels.....with opinions like that from your intended audience it ain't gonna be pretty....:gag:

Where will you go New Years eve then ?

The Nelson in my mind was hardly a rock night.

I went home it was so bad

The Corp did a dance night or some cr@p

the cheap drinks will get people in the new Rebels

as this sort of thing happend in Nottingham when the Rig opened under Rock City they did cheap drinks etc until the competition The Zone stopped the rock night and then they hiked the prices back up to be more expensive than the Zone.

I get the feeling the same may happen here.

Where will you go New Years eve then ?

The Nelson in my mind was hardly a rock night.

I went home it was so bad

The Corp did a dance night or some cr@p

the cheap drinks will get people in the new Rebels

as this sort of thing happend in Nottingham when the Rig opened under Rock City they did cheap drinks etc until the competition The Zone stopped the rock night and then they hiked the prices back up to be more expensive than the Zone.

I get the feeling the same may happen here.

I cant see the Corporation giving up their very well established Friday and Sat nights....they have worked hard to create those now classic nights over the last 12 years or so and I think most people will be loyal to the Corporation as many people now will only remember the Corporation as SHeffield's rock club venue...

and the cheap drinks, well the Corp do £1.50 bottles as well I think so whats different? The only thing cheaper is the entry price.......