The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

10 pints??? How do you figure that........where does it say drinks are £1 a pint!

drinks from 70p some ware on this thread water at 70p a pint maybe :huh:

Omn the flyer is says vodka 70 pence a shot....and bottles from 1.50 nothing about pints
yes yes vodka is good vodka is good i drink that as well as cider :)

it SUCKED ASS.....what a no-go hyped up con......everyone was raving about the name Rebels and it was pure 100% jerk off........we stayed for 7 minutes and went to Corporation.......now that place rocked its socks off....

as my flatmates said, £3.50 for a Newcastle brown what a ****** joke...and no draught beer, it was taking the ****

lame band, lame disco, good to see all the people we know but they all went off to Corp, we were told NOT to go in by people outside who had come out, it was so lame...

well back from the night... music not too bad... had a dance or two.. live band, yes there was one (cant see live music working unless it's someone known that is acceptable by all styles).

Going again.... hmmmm i dunno ill have to see what the mortgage rates are before i go drinking there again!!! I know folks are meant to have some disposable income but £6 for a bottle of Newcastle Brown and a Bud!! (puts me at £26 for a ride in and out of town, entry in to a club and 1 drink each for the two of us!!!) the 4 vodkas in a coke i tasted was more like water n coke. No draft beers at all.

Id like to see how many people can manage to go every week!!! once a month max i think.

Ill point out I held back a bit on my comments!!

Well for rock & alternative types it's good to have more choice of places to go but, as much as DJ Didz (formerly of Casbah) is a lovely bloke, we got Casbah tunes but up some stairs with no draught beers rather than Rebels. That was always going to be the case with hiring someone who never went to the original Rebs.

There were people out tonight who I haven't seen for about a decade (even one of the Bailey Brothers ffs!) all willing the new club to be a success but most of them left when the night was interrupted by a live band. They were good but just not at that time and in somewhere called Rebels. The crowd noticeably thinned, possibly shocked at the price of bottles of Dog which was Londontastic at £2.50 or at the fact that it took another hour to play the hit tunes of punk and goth so they did what the flyer promised rather than the great mix of tunes we used to have - the rock and glam tracks just showed a lack of knowledge.

To paraphrase Roy Walker - it was good but it was definitely not right and definitely not Rebels.

Good luck to it and everything but the only thing it has in common with the old place is the name and some stairs. If you went along, what did you think?

I didn't go, so maybe this is unfair, but it IS advertised as an indie place. It'll not be Rebels as it was .........

Maybe I'm being harsh ........

I didn't go, so maybe this is unfair, but it IS advertised as an indie place. It'll not be Rebels as it was .........

Maybe I'm being harsh ........

Isn't it The Tube that's advertised as Indie?

As a journalism student, here goes....my review...

As someone who now knows a few persons who patronised the ORIGINAL Rebels Nightclub its very tempting to review the latest incarnation of the club with direct reference to the original, based on the opinions of those former patrons. However, the consensus of opinion is that there is simply no comparison to be made at all other than the name so I won't go down that road. It's similar to the re-awakening of THE LIMIT club a year or so ago....bears little or no relation to its original in terms of location and presentation. Any one who went last night from the original Rebels with any kind of expectation of a re-birth of the original would not have had their dreams fulfilled, although this does depend very much on how much the 'retro' and rose tinted memories of the original club clouds individual judgements.

At approx Midnight we arrived at the former Fez Club, previously known for underground dance events, and were stunned when we were confronted by many people leaving the club and who seemed intent on literally begging us not to go in, and that we were in for a real disappointment and should go to Corporation. However, it had to be done, and so we entered the former Fez Club, now with some sense of dread as so many people were leaving and looking angry.

The first thing that struck me was the general air of confusion, there was no music playing and everyone was standing around looking rather lost. A distinct bassline BOOM BOOM came through the floor from the dance club downstairs. I was told there was a band performing, but they appeared to have finished and were standing around with vacant expressions looking puzzled. Some 2 minutes later AC/DC started playing and the disco came on, but the air of confusion continued and the DJ seemed to have some operational problems, plus an inability to match tracks of the same genre in any kind of traditional order. Many people were making their way out and going to the Corporation with long faces and empty pockets.

As others comment, the drinks prices were startling, £3.50 for Newcastle Brown was the serious asking price for the mainstay drink of old rockers, and was bitterly rediculed. The £1.50 offer on bottles seemed to have been forgotten about, as the bar staff had no idea of what products were on offer and were just as confused as the punters. There was no draught beer and the bar was bare and poorly stocked with any products. I asked for a Malibu and coke and it took over 2 minutes for the staff to deliver the goods, and then it was the wrong drink.

As someone who never knew the original club, my impressions were poor...everyone was bitterly disappointed, and felt cheated by the hype. We spoke to some bikers and original Rebels goers and they were not short of expletives to define the new Rebels.....it was not good. The club was not delivering what it said on the flyers, and the layout of the venue is totally unsuitable for a night of this nature.

When we left the venue we were confronted by a drunken gang of coming out of Club Vibe which is below the Fez Club, and one of my flat mates was rediculed by a 'chav' girl, who had ear rings larger than her face. We hurried off to the sanctity of the Corporation and took solace from the well stocked bar, the sensible drinks prices, the bar staff who know what they are doing, and the fact they have DJ's who actually know their music and can play tracks one after the other without 2 minute gaps.

The collective view of the Leadmill Point posse is that if this is a rebirth of an original club, thank the Lord the original is dead! Rediculous bar stocks and prices, lame bar staff, poor DJ (s), dissatisfied and let down punters, weak atmosphere and frankly, an all round lame opening night. 2/10

And does anyone know what the mystery 70p drink was?

It was a mystery 50p drink of unbranded vodka and a dash of coke or lemonade. I tried it and it didn't taste of anything at all - not even cola! :hihi:

Well if all you rockers dont like the Fez as it is now can we please have it back as a dance venue? Its such a good venue and would be such a shame to see it go to waste.

no vodka and coke was 50p a glass? what drink was 70p anyone ???well i loved it clean some where to sit toilets were clean till i used them :gag: my shoes have not got corp black sludge :gag: on them but

i will not be going back:o

well until next sat :love:

god has anyone got any aspirin for my head:(