Fishing in Sheffield

Don't fish myself but was talking to someone the other night who says theres still plenty of carp in Hillsborough pond. All I know is that there seems to be loads of ducklings!

It's not free but Kiveton Hall Farm holds plenty of carp and match weights have been recorded ar well over 100lb. It's a bit "peggy" so get there early and fish to the island on the lower pond if poss.

To second what bsd said, KJS is stuffed full of stockies and some larger carp. Same can be said of Clowne which also has a good head of tench and silver fish.

Match at Royston this weekend - Will need a large haul to win that one :(

• 1 month later...

my dad brother and son go fishing at bradleys ponds bottom of ridgeway.its 5 pounds for the day.they go about 4.30 at night and its only 3 pound.theres a few ponds to choose to fish in.always plenty of people there.plenty of fish in the ponds to.think theres 2 carp ponds.

As long as you aren't one of the littering, fish killing bozos that have occasionally fished our pond at Frecheville, you'd be welcome to try your luck here. Oh, and as long as you accept that the pond is there for everyone - including KIDS, DOG WALKERS AND DUCK FEEDERS, you should get on well with the locals.

Remember to try not to look too irritated when walkers would prefer to pass in the normal way, rather than being forced to limbo under your rod/pole or hurdle over it. If you bring your dog keep an eye on where he might deposit his calling cards and pick it up - (bins supplied).

Bare in mind that it is you who is benefitting from the local groups who regularly clear the pond of bundles of fishing line, float packets, hook bags, pop bottles, sandwich wrappers, crisp bags, etc etc etc - not all of which is left by the local kids, as hard done to fishermen would like us to believe.

P.S. Perhaps Ducatiboy and Matsellah would like to pop along and be the 'lookout' in case an Environment Agency bailiff turns up.

However, I think that they will find that MOST anglers would not require their services; as MOST anglers are decent law abiding folk who are fully aware of the necessity to maintain and police our waterways, and the cost incurred therein. Or perhaps they don't mind the scumbags who take substantial amounts of live fish out of ponds and sell them on to private concerns.

And why does the council still expect me to pay for my own holidays when I'm paying all of this council tax? :rolleyes:

P.S. Perhaps Ducatiboy and Matsellah would like to pop along and be the 'lookout' in case an Environment Agency bailiff turns up.

Superdyke jumps in again.

I have no intention of being a lookout for anyone nor would I warn anyone if I knew they were about.