Fishing in Sheffield

thought hillsborough park got all the carp taken out about 2 years ago ? i maybe wrong but i read a story about something like that.

there were 7-8 around the 28lb mark if i remember right.

its got a horrible amount of leaves etc on the pond floor though, might be tough fishing but go for it , let us know how you get on.

you after big carp or coarse carp mate i may be able to help you some more if i know what type of fishermna you are . i know loads of places, some amazing places too .

my record is a 24lb common carp on the pole ;-D from a very unknown fishery

thought hillsborough park got all the carp taken out about 2 years ago ? i maybe wrong but i read a story about something like that.

there were 7-8 around the 28lb mark if i remember right.

its got a horrible amount of leaves etc on the pond floor though, might be tough fishing but go for it , let us know how you get on.

you after big carp or coarse carp mate i may be able to help you some more if i know what type of fishermna you are . i know loads of places, some amazing places too .

my record is a 24lb common carp on the pole ;-D from a very unknown fishery

Coarse carp mate.

24lb, very nice!!!! ive only been fishing about 2 month or so so im still getting into it all!

Coarse carp mate.

24lb, very nice!!!! ive only been fishing about 2 month or so so im still getting into it all!

In all fairness jonny, if as a relative beginner you want a decent fishing venue with large carp (that you have any chance of catching), then you really need to go to a fishery, and pay. It'll be no more than a fiver. As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, there are huge carp in crookes valley (and tales of a monster catfish!), but catching them will be nigh on impossible - they are quite wise - last time i went down there i couldnt even tempt them with loose fed bread. Also, there is a small risk of agro from the local scrotes.

Around sheffield there are loads and loads of fisheries that will suit what you want. kjs at killamarsh, kjs at aston (lillies pond), westwood at high green, to name a few. Out of sheffield i would recommend the reed pond at Hallcroft (retford), Hayfield (Doncaster), and Higham fisheries (higham - between claycross and alfreton). Ive been fishing about 5 years and still class myself as a novice, but have had a couple of 100lb+ bags from the last 3 venues i mentioned

All the best

kjs fisheries is a good place , its on station lane , lots of fish in their 4 ponds.

few more round there that they own , one is on boilie lane thats is good too , plus split ponds at aston has a fair few fish in the 4-5 ponds.

there is a pond of herries road that costs £30 for the year but its not great but cheap , one or 2 big fish but very rarely caught. but i think you have to live locally or know someone who is a member, go and ask though as they are nice enough fella's and will tell you if your interested.

if you want any around the donny area and you have a car let me know and i will give you more info

im sure im forgetting a few too at the moment

Make sure you got a fishing license there is a thread on here saying police are going mob handed arresting and detaining people for long periods of time who havent got them. Must be serious! but if your car int taxed or tested and happens to be nicked they will be cool wi that, just make sure you got a fishing license!! Crookes valley used to be r8 good although its bottomless. Some big carp in there plenty of roach and perch just fish off the ledge about 8 to 10 metres out loose feeding regularly to keep a steady stream of bait going in and you will see the roach some big uns too come in taking the feed on the drop. You gotta fish light tho cos the water is clear and the roach are quite clever. For fish that is.

Make sure you got a fishing license there is a thread on here saying police are going mob handed arresting and detaining people for long periods of time who havent got them. Must be serious! but if your car int taxed or tested and happens to be nicked they will be cool wi that, just make sure you got a fishing license!! Crookes valley used to be r8 good although its bottomless. Some big carp in there plenty of roach and perch just fish off the ledge about 8 to 10 metres out loose feeding regularly to keep a steady stream of bait going in and you will see the roach some big uns too come in taking the feed on the drop. You gotta fish light tho cos the water is clear and the roach are quite clever. For fish that is.

Never seen police checking licenses in Hillsborough park,but environment seem to be doing regular checks.Yes it is all free at the moment,so it should be, after all we pay council tax + rod licence and have to put up with kids and duck feeders.Herries rd is £28 for the first year and £8 after that,500 members and about 40 pegs.There is a catchment area to join.