Fishing in Sheffield

Anyone got any decent "Free" fishing spots in and around sheffield!

I know there are some good ones but you have to be a member. Just the free ones for now would be great!!

i know theres one at riverlin somewhere......

Cheers!

J

In my experience, the best place to go fishing is this forum.....

In my experience, the best place to go fishing is this forum.....

LOL goes figure ey!!

Real fish though.... lol

yeh, that ones free!!!

Just wondered if there are any others around sheffield?

not many free ones im afraid unless you count the rivers and canals etc and they may be part of a club, marshalls pond at riverlin is fishing well, go past the admiral rodney and turn left .

also another pond that way i cant remember the name, heading towards the admiral rodney take the first left after the wisewood inn, its part of the old canal .

there is another one out in dungerowrth/dungworth thats got some nice bream around 5lb in, all these fisheries cost though about a fiver for the day

i know pleanty more but the best fisheries all cost and are around the donny area.

not many free ones im afraid unless you count the rivers and canals etc and they may be part of a club, marshalls pond at riverlin is fishing well, go past the admiral rodney and turn left .

also another pond that way i cant remember the name, heading towards the admiral rodney take the first left after the wisewood inn, its part of the old canal .

there is another one out in dungerowrth/dungworth thats got some nice bream around 5lb in, all these fisheries cost though about a fiver for the day

i know pleanty more but the best fisheries all cost and are around the donny area.

That'll do for now. Ill check them out, one at dungworth sounds alright!

Cheers for that!

Hillsborough park is free,some large carp,tench,plenty of roach and tench.Do not go in the school holidays.The one at Rivelin is earmarked by the council for a nature reserve with no fishing.Don't know if and when it will happen though.

Crookes Valley is free,but deeper than the Mariana trench.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/index.asp?pgid=19435

Wiremill is now pay.

Hillsborough park is free,some large carp,tench,plenty of roach and tench.Do not go in the school holidays.The one at Rivelin is earmarked by the council for a nature reserve with no fishing.Don't know if and when it will happen though.

Crookes Valley is free,but deeper than the Mariana trench.

I didnt know hillsborough was free???

Carps what im looking for lol!

Ill have a wonder around there, is all the area free in hillsborough park?

crookes vally any good, i know a couple of ppl who have been there and didnt like it?

thought hillsborough park got all the carp taken out about 2 years ago ? i maybe wrong but i read a story about something like that.

there were 7-8 around the 28lb mark if i remember right.

its got a horrible amount of leaves etc on the pond floor though, might be tough fishing but go for it , let us know how you get on.

you after big carp or coarse carp mate i may be able to help you some more if i know what type of fishermna you are . i know loads of places, some amazing places too .

my record is a 24lb common carp on the pole ;-D from a very unknown fishery