Anyone from Gleadless?

Hello

If the '56' part of your name relects your birthdate you may have been at Rollestone with me.

My mates were Gary Marshall Daryl Hartley Melvyn France etc

I'm a Spotswood Close boy and proud of it

I remember Mel France very well he's a bit older than me but he hung around with my brother.The name Gary Marshall rings a bell too.

• 1 year later...
oh my god, blast from the past Richard. Sarah Malone here. Rays lorry was so much fun. funny how thinking about it can bring back so many memories. back then when we all lived there it was so fab. never realised it at the time tho. its not the same anymore, never will be.

seem to remember Pete being in a band years back called lasrevinu. is that right, rings a bell as remember it was universal spelt backwards. I have moved from sheffield and now live in barlborough. but am sad to say that my children will never have the kind of childhood that we had. was so free and so much fun. everyone knew everyone and the sun always seemed to shine.

Hi Chris, how are you? not been on here for so long. only looked today out of curiousity. hope you well. xx

Hi Sarah, I'd be interested to know of any memories (and particularly photos) you may have of Lasrevinu - I was the bass player (Steve), the drummer was Bill Buxton (who lived on Norfolk Park but is now in Woodhouse) and the guitarist/singer was my Brother-In-Law Mark Taylor (originally from Parson Cross but more latterly in Handsworth) who sadly died in 2010. There was a feature on him in the Star a couple of weeks ago as he would have been 50 years old and his friends and family released balloons around the world on the day.......

We only played 5 gigs over 1983/84 - 3 times at the Crucible, once at the Nelson Mandela Building at the Poly and once at Sheff Univ Students Union (The Maze...?) but got pretty good reviews everywhere we played. We were pretty different at the time....

I don't know who 'Pete' was but he wasn't in Lasrevinu. Bands of the time that I remember in Sheffield were Vicious Circles; PALIS; They Must Be Russians; The Flying Alphonso Brothers; The Mirror Crack'd; Ton Tons Macoute; In The Nursery, Vendino Pact, Tsi-Tsa, Clock DV8. Pulp were also kicking about at the time..... Then of course there were Cabaret Voltaire, ABC, Heaven 17 and The Human League and Comsat Angels (Lasrevinu used their old rehearsal room on Denby Street after our Love Street studio got closed down).

If you've got any info/pics/memories of Lasrevinu I'd be grateful if you got in touch via here or pm me.....

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 months later...
Hi Sarah, I'd be interested to know of any memories (and particularly photos) you may have of Lasrevinu - I was the bass player (Steve), the drummer was Bill Buxton (who lived on Norfolk Park but is now in Woodhouse) and the guitarist/singer was my Brother-In-Law Mark Taylor (originally from Parson Cross but more latterly in Handsworth) who sadly died in 2010. There was a feature on him in the Star a couple of weeks ago as he would have been 50 years old and his friends and family released balloons around the world on the day.......

We only played 5 gigs over 1983/84 - 3 times at the Crucible, once at the Nelson Mandela Building at the Poly and once at Sheff Univ Students Union (The Maze...?) but got pretty good reviews everywhere we played. We were pretty different at the time....

I don't know who 'Pete' was but he wasn't in Lasrevinu. Bands of the time that I remember in Sheffield were Vicious Circles; PALIS; They Must Be Russians; The Flying Alphonso Brothers; The Mirror Crack'd; Ton Tons Macoute; In The Nursery, Vendino Pact, Tsi-Tsa, Clock DV8. Pulp were also kicking about at the time..... Then of course there were Cabaret Voltaire, ABC, Heaven 17 and The Human League and Comsat Angels (Lasrevinu used their old rehearsal room on Denby Street after our Love Street studio got closed down).

If you've got any info/pics/memories of Lasrevinu I'd be grateful if you got in touch via here or pm me.....

Cheers,

Steve

My multi talented brother Peter (Eason) was not in the above band but did feature in The Negatives and Yah Boo!

His most successful band was Person To Person with both Jeremy Meek and Dave Clayton(Simply Red) no less

His sons now play with The Bluehearts in Sheffield

Pete still sings, obviously, with The Wildcats!!!

Edited by richarde