Old (bus) Inspectors in Sheffield

Yup, remember Viv Chambers, he along with Morris Ibbotson, Les Wharburton, Derick Gutteridge and Bob Tanner were all Assistant Chief inspectors.

The chief inspector was John Hobbis, this was at a time when it was thought more was better!!

sorry i got it wrong ....

bloodyhell so you gents must be gettin on :D:D:D:D

did you lot used to work with him? x

Yes, when he worked from George Street/High Street. He was living at Totley at the time. Little Malc may be a bit older than me, I'm only 22 and a half, but could be telling porkies.....

Good Luck!

Yes, when he worked from George Street/High Street. He was living at Totley at the time. Little Malc may be a bit older than me, I'm only 22 and a half, but could be telling porkies.....

Good Luck!

DORE actually :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::D

so can a reunion be arranged gents? xxx:hihi:

if a reunion is planned i will let my dad phil know.

When I was a kid we were always a bit in awe of Bus Inspectors. They always wore immaculate uniforms and always looked rather stern. I think even if we had the correct ticket, there was always the fear that we'd lost it or the inspector might find something wrong with it.

By the way, if you do organise a re-union, be careful about letting the poor old geezers see the present Sheffield transport system in action. They'd probably have at least a wobbler and have to be given a strong cup of tea with something even stronger in it !

Good luck, if it all happens ; part of the vanished life of Sheffield.

my uncle was an inspector, Roy Hunt, If you want a bus reunion go into B&Q at Darnall theres quite a few ex bus men and women

Good to know some of us are still alive Don! Terry Conley actually bought our house when we moved to Scarborough, he is struggling on under First Bus, which does not sound like the sort of firm I would like to work for.

Just to put a smile on your face, I still have in use some of those "glasses" wow!!

We certainly had some fun times as well as the dross, but these retirement hours take some beating!

I knew a TERENCE CONLEY that was an inspector but I was told that he'd

sadly died a few years ago. Can anyone verify this!

people used to think my dad was policeman because of his uniform. i never told them any different

I knew a TERENCE CONLEY that was an inspector but I was told that he'd

sadly died a few years ago. Can anyone verify this!

My Dad is Terence (Terry) Conley and he is very much alive!!

So do they still have inspectors on the buses?