Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

It all seems to have gone quite regarding sanctuary on the shiregreen. Does that mean everyone is happy now?

No spudgun, i don't think it does, i think it's because everytime one of us makes a comment some pratt comes on (usually from out of the area) and has a go. Also have noticed a couple more threads on the forum re- Shiregreen that a few of us have posted on.

I think all Shiregreen threads should merge.

Yes i`ve noticed the other threads too. Come on mods, get your act together.

Mod note: Merged this with one other thread.

There are many threads about Shiregreen - but most have nothing to do with Sanctuary housing issues and would cause too much confusion if they were all merged together.

If you do see duplicate threads, it helps to report them rather than make comments in the thread. The mod team can't read every post.

• 3 months later...

I am joining sanctuary housing have been offered a tenancy but wish i had stayed with the council. We have been pushed from pillow to post and the staff don't seem to know there heads from there asses. We was offered a property in january but work needed completing on it .The women said once she had run our credit check on council she would sort us getting keys. The women came out to our council home monday and said she would be in touch tuesday it took almost a 2 week before anyone got back to us to say we got the ok. Then we got told we would have to wait on keys we are now at end of january at this point. We wait and ring and pester and wait mid feb and still nothing. So we ring again to be told by a snotty receptionist with a bad attitude if keys where in they would ring us and not to ring again. So rang manager explained everytime we try ringing women dealing with us moving, she aint there or if she is she knows nothing. And that the a member of staff was quiet rude on answering the phone. We recieved letter of apolgogy. And within ten minutes of being on phone to manager the women dealing with us rings. She says work complete thus monday /tuesday we can sign for house and get keys on 27th. Then yesterday she rings saying it may be another week. I understand they advertise properties even though they are still mid mordernising. But wouldn't it be better to wait till they are finished save everyone a lot of hassle. I have had to unarrange and rearrange a removal van and mess around with kids schools. Its all so much hassle i wish i had of stayed with council. My husband has today been down to the property to check himself if the work is finished and he said he had a chat with builders and they say will be done by tomorow so why can't the women still give us keys friday. So far my dealings with sanctuary have been sour.

how did the flat viewing go, czechroman. I have finally been told we can get keys at 1 tomo whop whooo

Well i didnt take it. Was more like a bedsit tbh and not for me personally. However to say newly refurbished was a joke, there was wall paper half on half off, and not that clean imo. Im not expecting a palace but it didnt work out, good luck to you though:)

Well i didnt take it. Was more like a bedsit tbh and not for me personally. However to say newly refurbished was a joke, there was wall paper half on half off, and not that clean imo. Im not expecting a palace but it didnt work out, good luck to you though:)

Ours is all done and refubed looks nice we had a sneaky peak already. I am so excited , and can not wait. peaceful new home. Sorry yours didnt work out mate better luck next time, let us know if you find summit. x

Ours is all done and refubed looks nice we had a sneaky peak already. I am so excited , and can not wait. peaceful new home. Sorry yours didnt work out mate better luck next time, let us know if you find summit. x

good to hear, how this could be called refurbed i dont know. Ill probably wait till i hear from northern counties for the flats on hyde park, all the best.:)

Archived