Sanctuary housing Shiregreen estate

it,s all nonsense about toilets, you do not need 2 toilets in a 2 bedroom house.

on the subject of walls they told my sister she could only have wood panels.

she refused to have them and insisted on brick, result after 2 months arguing

both her and next door have brick walls. dont give in. they also said private

owners could have work done (at a price) while they were in the area.

i would let them near my house. bunch of cowboys.

• 2 weeks later...

Been up since whataclock this morning as the Sanctuary/FHM team have still not fixed the plumbing problem that they caused when they did the house next door, last yr. I have had my floorboards up and pipes lagged, some stupid object fitted to my pipes under the sink, water pressure turned so low that it now takes an hour to run a bath ,and they never did any work in my home :loopy:

Every time my next dr N turns her taps on and off or goes to the loo or has her washer on it bangs along the pipes and if it's at night or early hrs this obviously wakes me up.

It is not my N fault(nice lass with baby, just moved in). she has the right to use water whenever she wants. This caused so much trouble with the last tenent that they had to move them. Why don't they just admit that the plumbers have screwed up and get the ruddy thing fixed.

They sent some sarky kid from Sanctuary the other day ( about the 20th to come out, seriously.) and he stood there telling me that no-one else on the estate has had any trouble with the plumbers or workmen for that matter.(supercilious grin). When i had stopped laughing i suggested he have a look on here, then come back and tell me that. Ruddy pratt. :rant::rant:

Right i've had my moan, as some would say, now for a cuppa.

• 2 weeks later...

your lucky they put the plaster in the bin. they chucked next doors in the garden.

they also left the brand new kitchen units out in the rain over a bank holiday

weekend. i brought them indoors. brains eh!. main sewage pipe fitted wrong,

doors that don't fit. 2 inch skirting fitted next to 3 inch etc. hopeless lot.

they fitted a radiator next to a door so you couldn't open the door,

and went away and left it!. no fire escape in that direction. the mind boggles.

Update, banging of pipes nxt dr still not sorted, young lass now has her boyfriend to stay over (african, twice her age) so they are up at all hours and so am i.

Told sanctuary i'm sick of living my life by someone elses routine. Have asked for the water supply to be divided so that i have my own supply, they are not very keen to do that as it will cost them about £1800 so the water board say.

We shouldn't be sharing a supply in this day and age anyway.

My brother has a corner house on the estate, and when he goes in the shower if nxt dr uses their cold water he gets scalded. Bloody rediculas.

Does anyone else have problems with their water supply?

Does anyone know of anyone who is missing a black cat around the Hartley Brook rd or ave area?

My N told me yesterday, that last week one of the plasterers (female one ) ran over a black-cat on Hartley Brook ave whilst she was speeding into the cul-de-sac (as they do) When asked how the cat was, she replied, "well it was still twitching when i left it, ha!ha!" she thought it was hillarious. My N was horrified and went to look for the cat, found the blood but the cat must have dragged itself away, probably onto the brook..

I never let my cats out after 6pm, but now i'm just letting them out to go to the loo and try to get them in soon after.

Where did they get this workforce, scumsRus.:rant:

Have you had your house refurbished yet ben? I've lived here 16yrs and never had any problems with the water until they did the house next door.

Considered moving, but as i'm now single i know they will only offer me a flat.

Also there are loads of people on here trying to get back to a sheffield housing property so it would be yrs before one could be moved.

But why should people be moving out of their homes that they have lived in for years and if they are like me, spent thousands of pounds on, just because the new landlords can't be bothered to look after it's tenents.

If there are rules and regs for private landlords why are there none for councils and housing associations ?