Why is BROTHER2BROTHER closing?

anybody know why they are shutting?

i thought the same when i noticed it last week. seem to remember something in the papaer last year where the owner said when they relocated to west one they were promised retail but it's all (mainly) bars/restaurants. thought it may be due to that??? shame though.

That's a shame to hear- never shopped there, but my sister's company made their groovy backlit staircase.

The restaurants all do fairly well, they are normally really busy. The retail shops don't do that well though as they are too far up town. The jewellers recently shut as well as at least one other one, a furniture store I think?

Hi,

I don't 'know' why they are shutting, but I'd guess they made the wrong choice in moving to West1.

People may go there to eat, but to make a special trip to a shop they have to be offering something different and worthwhile.....and obviously they weren't offering what enough people thought was worth the effort of going to the shop for. Simple market forces....they didn't offer anything spectacular before, and a simple relocation and fancy shop design was never going to make more people want to buy from them.

Ade

B2B were at their best when they had the West St shop.

Much more individual stuff you wouldn't see everyone wearing.

Apart from the W1 relocation, i think their problem was trying to cater for all styles without really offering anything interesting.

I actually thought the temporary shop in the courtyard on Div St was rather good. Again - more interesting, smarter stuff on offer.

I do hope they re-open somewhere else and make a better go of it.

Good luck Andy & Gav.

There seems to be a real problem with mens clothing shops in Sheffield. Eton has recently closed and now b2b. It was bad enough trying to find decent clothing when they were open.

They still have G-Star open which is owned by B2B, the shop that is, not the brand. lol

B2b's biggest problem were the arrogance of some of their staff, I don't know if it was meant or anything, but they didn't really put in any effort to help you look for clothes, they instead just stood and watched you like eagles lol.

Will the last, half decent menswear store to leave Sheffield please turn the lights out.

Another sad business goes in Sheffield. B2B was a legendary shop and although I thought it was slightly too expensive it was something that stood positive for Sheffields fashion and night life. This city needs drastic help. The economy is definately not working for Sheffield folk to have a decent life.