The all things tattoo megathread

I doubt you'd ever see a decent tattooist in Meadowhall. Good tattooists charge a lot, and are not interested in passing trade as they are by appointment only and have waiting lists for months. People travel across the country for a good tattooist, and don't care where the shop is so it makes the most sense to keep overheads down. Meadowhall's rents a far too high to make tattoo shop's profitable there.

I didn't specify the 'quality' of tattooist though, did I? There are plenty of tattooists not in the 'fine art' category who do make use of passing trade, and, who would happily set up in Meadowhall.

But you're right- the type of tattooist who are primarily appointment only, would probably not be interested in setting up in Meadowhall.

I didn't specify the 'quality' of tattooist though, did I? There are plenty of tattooists not in the 'fine art' category who do make use of passing trade, and, who would happily set up in Meadowhall.

But you're right- the type of tattooist who are primarily appointment only, would probably not be interested in setting up in Meadowhall.

The smallest units in Meadowhall are tens of thousands of pounds a year rent, plus bills, plus tax. A tattooist would have to charge an enormous amount and be constantly full to make any profit. People won't pay double the normal rate to use a poor tattooist whilst shopping in Meadowhall.

The smallest units in Meadowhall are tens of thousands of pounds a year rent, plus bills, plus tax. A tattooist would have to charge an enormous amount and be constantly full to make any profit. People won't pay double the normal rate to use a poor tattooist whilst shopping in Meadowhall.

Those rates apply to all businesses in meadowhall- plenty of which don't charge any more for their produce than the same business elsewhere.

The meadowhall pound shop, for example, charges one pound for items, just as do pound shops anywhere.

How does your hypothesis account for that?

Has anyone had work done by Joe Frost at Thou Art? His portfolio looks great but when I've spoken to people out and about one of the ladies I spoke to was very disappointed by him (her tattoo wasn't finished). But I've also heard good things.

Joes work is amazing, he's only been tattooing a few years & has won awards competing against world famous artists - not many folks in Sheffield can say that! If the lady was so disappointed she should have said something to the artist, I certainly would about any of mine if I wasn't 100% happy!

Those rates apply to all businesses in meadowhall- plenty of which don't charge any more for their produce than the same business elsewhere.

The meadowhall pound shop, for example, charges one pound for items, just as do pound shops anywhere.

The pound shop is a chain. Chains always have high profile shops that lose money for tax purposes.

The pound shop is a chain. Chains always have high profile shops that lose money for tax purposes.

So you reckon the meadowhall pound shop makes a loss? Fair enough, if you provide some proof or a link, then you may have a point: personally, though I don't know for sure, I really do doubt that the meadowhall pound shop makes a loss.

I've never used a tattoo place in Sheffield myself but if you don't mind a quick trip to Chesterfield (it isn't far) in the town center there is a tattoo place called Celtic Art Tattoos and that's where i used to go and they are brilliant i have never had a bad tattoo from there, out of the 14 i have most i had done there (i get a friend to do them now) and i have never had a bad tattoo yet....hope that helps

why are all these tattoo shops sited in the " disadvantaged " areas of town

They aren't, the best that sheffield has to offer are either just off Ecclesall Rd, or in the City Centre.

Can't seem to find the opening times anywhere, does anyone know what time it shuts? Thanks!

Ring and ask??

0114 249 4395 (found the number online, dont blame me if its wrong! :))

Does anyone know what happened or where Simon that owned designer skin at shales moor went to