The all things tattoo megathread

Hi, lucian who works at noctimania is s friend of mine, he's been tattooing me and a few people I know for years, I would definitely recommend him especially for old school style work :)

Hi, does anyone know a tattoo place that does not have a minimum charge in Sheffield? I want a black outline a couple of inches total. I have asked Feline and Thou art but they both have a high minimum charge.

Hi, does anyone know a tattoo place that does not have a minimum charge in Sheffield? I want a black outline a couple of inches total. I have asked Feline and Thou art but they both have a high minimum charge.

What would you call a resonable minimum charge.i would think all tattooists will have a minimum charge of some kind.

the best tattooist is no longer with us

pete wild Rip the best biker/tattooist ever, he was loved,liked and respected by everyone who met him.

sadly killed in a bike crash in 2004, can' believe it's been that long.

good friend and dearly missed but at least i have a few permanent reminders of him on my arms and back.

He tattooed all over the world . best free hand artist ive ever met.

When several hundred people turn up at your funeral, you must have done something right in life.

RIP Pal

GMES I said exactly the same thing about Pete the other week, but forgot his surname great bloke, put me one on my right shoulder in 88 no transfer just by free hand. Trust me as you'd know it's perfection he was an artist & a gentleman.

RIP Pete Wild

did you know him well pixie

No, I'm afraid I didn't, but he was certainly well liked and respected by those that did.

Im still mulling over whether to have my first tattoo or not and have recently been offered one done by an apprentice in a studio for free, is this wise? I know everyone says you get what you pay for but if its an apprentice would they be just learning, therefore you take more risks with poor quality or health implications? The owner of the studio usually charges around £20 per hour which i gather is very cheap?

Im still mulling over whether to have my first tattoo or not and have recently been offered one done by an apprentice in a studio for free, is this wise? I know everyone says you get what you pay for but if its an apprentice would they be just learning, therefore you take more risks with poor quality or health implications? The owner of the studio usually charges around £20 per hour which i gather is very cheap?

hi as i mentioned in my previous reply, Lucian from noctimania is a friend of mine, he deffinetly wouldn't allow an apprentice to take on s tattoo that was beyond their ability, and I know what your saying about what he charges, I've asked him about this before. he told me he's not in it for the money,

Nearly all decent tattooists will charge a minimum of 1 hour, this is usually due to the costs incurred for setting up and needles etc. All of the kit they use can ony be used once before been disposed of or sterilised regardless of whether its a large piece or small outline.

Good Vibrations minimum charge is 30 mins or £25. However you can have one of the apprentices do it for like £15 depending on what it is :-)

Nearly all decent tattooists will charge a minimum of 1 hour, this is usually due to the costs incurred for setting up and needles etc. All of the kit they use can ony be used once before been disposed of or sterilised regardless of whether its a large piece or small outline.

Well said!

Filter out that 'high' cost over the time you are going to have it, works out at a tiny amount.

The cost works out minimal when you think about the new ink caps, needle, clingfilm, vaseline, tongue depressor (some use these to pop ink caps on), 2 or 3 pairs of gloves, ink and drawing time. The the artist only takes a cut of that money home with him.

Remember the mantra of "good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good"

Hi,

I'm willing to get my first tattoo, It's like full arm tribal, soo I dont need a mess.. and still can't made up my mind for a one studio..

which one should I choose from these?

Feline

Thou Art

All Ink

Good Vibration

I live in city center and is it worthy to travel far to get a tattoo?

Hi,

I'm willing to get my first tattoo, It's like full arm tribal, soo I dont need a mess.. and still can't made up my mind for a one studio..

which one should I choose from these?

Feline

Thou Art

All Ink

Good Vibration

I live in city center and is it worthy to travel far to get a tattoo?

I can only vouch for All Ink I had a couple of tattoos done by them. Im impressed with the work they did when I had mine done. Its run by Daz and Jack. Both are great to deal with. Im planning to go back to get some more work do by them