This site and logging in

TESTPASS

Someone on the computer part told me NOT to clear "cookies" only "files". It appears that the clearing of "cookies" is the cause of you not being able to log on.

clearing cookies makes you have to log in again to regain the cookie. what im saying is altho I have it and am still logged in, after a refresh or a post and try to post again Im having to relog in so whats changing site wise or possibly on my pc to warrent it ?

Allways have remember me ticked, I think its ticked by default anyway isnt it ?

As I have no restriction on cookies I do not think that adding the site in the privaceys box would help.

Its just strange that It has only ever done it on this site thats all and wondered if it was happening to others which it appears it is . wonder whats causing it ? I hate mysteries :confused::D

I want to get rid of those stupid 'reply to thread' e-mails but dion't know how

You've subscribed to the thread/group.

If it's only this thread, look at the thread and go to the top of the page, under Thread Tools, you can unsubscribe.

If it's every thread in a group, then go to the main group page and unsubscribe using Forum Tools.

If it's only from threads you've started, or contributed to, go to Your CP on the Forum Contents menu and change your Default Thread Subscription Mode to 'Do not subscribe'

I have come across it before with vBulletin based sites, and the reason is unknown. :(

The 'getting medieval on it's ass' cure was to go in to the cookies folder and delete the cookies file for sheffieldforum, having first closed down IE. Something else that has worked, but it may have been coincidence, was to change your password.

Another thing to try (if possible) is to gets oemone else to log on to SF using your computer; this has again occasionally worked but again, whether coincidence or not I don't know.

And as far as I can remember...'Remember Me' is indeed the default.

Archived