Netball in Sheffield

Can anyone explain the difference between netball and basketball? James Naismith is claimed to have invented basketball in Springfield, Massachusetts, but I suspect it may have its origins in nerball just like baseball is based on rounders, though nobody in the USA would believe it.

Thanks for everyone who has shown an interest in the team. Academic commitments have mandated that I focus on completing my studies right now, so I am unable, at the present time, to do anything more with/about the team.

Another member was able to get some information for those people who are interested in joining a team already in existence, and I am sure if she is still reading this forum she would be happy to provide you with the same info. she provided me.

Until August then ladies.

Ciao

I just got an invitation to the AGM of the Rotherham netball league. It charges £110 per team and that caters for rental of courts, umpire and four tickets to the presentation. If anyone is interested in coming along to this meeting, and subsequently forming a team, please PM me by Wednesday of this week. I have four people already interested...so if anyone else is, and is willing to make a committment - financial and timewise - please let me know.

Please PM me by Wednesday of this week

Thanks for the reply Miss. I am looking for someone who will be responsible for administration of the team as well as coaching as I am unavailable full time for the next few months. Please let me know when you PM if you will be available to go to the AGM [with me] in February.

would love to help set up a team and participate

let me know via pm if anyone's interested

Is there still anyone up for netball.....

Ive not played in many years so will be a bit rusty but would like to get back into it...

Just noticed Geoff's post on sports - I would love to join a local netball league - if anyone needs a WA or WD and is prepared to give me a go (not played for a few years since uni and had a baby in the meantime!) - please send me some information of when and where you play!

Thank you!!!

Hillsbro park on the basketball courts at 6pm

Every Wednesday

Guest jazz_bunny

Hello, I know you posted this message yonks ago but I know of a team you can play with.

Guest jazz_bunny

So theres an open for all netball practice session at hillsborough park on Wednesdays?

Guest jazz_bunny

I am wanting to hear of any basketsball or netball clubs that are operating. Cheers

Hi I am also interested in joining a team, I used to play for a team down at avesta but havnt played for the last 6 years is it open invitaion at hillboro?