Netball in Sheffield

Is there an amateur netball league out there? Or are people [who have access to a court] interested in starting one for fun/exercise? If enough people are interested we can get something going

Failing that...will have to get a running/cycling partner.

I can't beleive NOBODY knows a netball team looking for players in Sheffield

OR no one wants to form a fun squad

I would be happy to start but I need to find somewhere we can play...I have an ideal place but I need players!!!!

I would be willing to play netball for fun. I'm going to be home for the summer but back in September. I haven't played for a while though.

Great.

Its people like you we need, coz I'm no star player either

Lets see if we can organize at least one game before you leave in June :-)

i mite be interested but i have never played before but cud be a laugh!!!

Mimi

xx

Eleven more to go

:thumbsup:

I would be keen to play. I have been in Australia for the past year and played weekly there which was a great laugh.

Live at Ecclesall and wouldn't have much time for thravel. Where are you thinking?

Hi

I have not played Netball for years only Basketball, but would be interested in giving it a go. The places I can think of to play would be the duck pond at Firth Park, it is free but can get water clogged. Or Ponds Forge but it's about £13.00 an hour to hire the court, so numbers would have to be confirmed beforehand. The other alternative is the University they have sports facilities but I don't know whether they hire them out?

Well I am a member of the Uni so I should be able to rent a court. Will check out prices/times etc

CAn you get to Ecclesall you think Katie? Also, if we are stuck for numbers maybe we can invite a guy or two and have a mixed team/s.

Which day is good for everyone?

Both Sheffield and Rotherham have a netball league.

Not sure who runs Sheffield League, but Rotherhma league was run by a lady called Mal Bluff.

They play at the Avesta Sports and Leisure Club near Brinsworth week nights through the Summer and Sunday mornings in the Winter.

Anyone can join, I used to play for years.

I would interested if you are still looking for players?

Originally posted by Lou71

Both Sheffield and Rotherham have a netball league.

Not sure who runs Sheffield League, but Rotherhma league was run by a lady called Mal Bluff.

They play at the Avesta Sports and Leisure Club near Brinsworth week nights through the Summer and Sunday mornings in the Winter.

Anyone can join, I used to play for years.

Mal Bluff is out of action with injury at moment but still runs netball leagues for both winter and summer season.

If you're still interested I can PM you her contact details.