Netball in Sheffield

Hello,

I am a rather unfit 30 ish year old who loved playing netball and was in all the teams at school. I would love to get back into it and get a bit fitter. I am keen if you are still trying to organise something and I might have friends who would be interested.

Let me know. I hope I am not too late.

xxx

I think even if we have to play with only five people we should get going before the weather gets much worse.

So who's up for a game this Saturday?

I am trying to organise a forum football team to enter into a league but just read your thread and the football league I am entering also run netball leagues in Sheffield! Thought it be of interest to you.

good luck!

http://www.gameonsl.com

Thanks T

Not sure if people are ready for competition though, unless one of the teams in the league just needs to practice.

On second thought, I am thinking of registering the team for the Goodwin league.

If you go to the page you can get the information and see if you want to get registered. It will also involve us getting a uniform...

Any bright ideas?

Ha ha have faith in your team, you never know! Plus don't think these leagues are a massively high standard just groups of friends rather than proper clubs. At least I hope so as the forum football team are not world beaters just yet!

As for the kit I think the leagues provide the bibs. But you might be right about getting a proper strip. If you look good you play good lol

If I manage to get the forum football team going maybe we could have a forum sport social which is what playing sport is all about!!

what time and where I will give it a go if I can?

Will ask a couple of mates too

Really NOT at competition level just yet

Thats cool. I'm all up for it. I even have someone who can do the t-shirts lined up!!!!

I think this calls for a meeting, next week Thursday, at a venue [more than likely in Crookes] to be announced

See you all soon

Next Thursday is OK, my friend says she would enjoy a game too so let me know the details.

See you then

xxx

Can I play? Can I play?

Is this netball team thing still going?

If so i'd be up fo it - just let me know a time and a place and I'll be there !!

I don't want to wait for everyone to reply etc, but if we can get a a quorum of about 5 people then I would like to meet next week Thursday at a venue TBA.

At this meeting we will decide whether:

1. we are taking part in the league or not

2. if we are taking part in the league - uniform and subs. etc

3. if we aren't taking part in a league, days we can meet up to play

PM me and let me know if you are willing/able to come and I will reply with details.

TA

Thanks so much to chalice and louise for their advice and support.

There will be a meeting at 6pm on Monday in Hillsborough.

Please PM me for the address.

It will be short and its okay if people come a little late if they are just getting back into Sheffield.

Please walk with any plans/advice that you have for either forming a team, or if we don't have enough interest then those of us who are interested could perhaps make plans to join a team already in existence.

Thanks all

Hi Lianndi

What happened with the netball team - did you manage to get anything started?