Sign in to follow this  

Thankyou Bus Drivers.

I would just like to say thank you to all the bus drivers for kicking me up the arse to start driving lessons again.

I have been struggling with our 9 month old twins for a while

and have been caught between a moral and practical fight for sometime.

Anyway todays first lesson was a breeze without them on the road, and on behalf of the people who have passed their test over the last 3 weeks CHEERS!

seems that a lot of people arent too sorry about losing the buses lol.

i think people have forgotton whats its like to have them now and have alternative arrangements.

They'll come back and no one will use them!

Originally posted by crystaline

seems that a lot of people arent too sorry about losing the buses lol.

i think people have forgotton whats its like to have them now and have alternative arrangements.

They'll come back and no one will use them!

Yeah I thought that too. Many people are using their cars to get around, and remembering how better their cars are! Many are walking more, and others are using the tram and the Terrier.

Although there are still a percent that need the bus to get around.

Although it is hard to estimate there may be long term damage to public transport and First in particular as a result of the strike. Ultimately the drivers may be shooting themselves in the foot and could loose jobs in the long term.

I do miss the buses - i have to travel up the hathersage road towards fox house twice a day both sat & sun, and lately because of the bus strike i've either had to walk, or get a taxi... which works out very expensive. So even though i am learning to drive, there are no test dates until Jan due to the backlog & lack of examiners, or so my driving instructor & friends tell me.

Originally posted by f_g

get a moped :-)

No way, you seen the accident figures for motorbikes and mopeds?! :loopy:

Bloody scary they are.

Yeah yeah I know, cars cause just as many accidents, but I'd still rather drive a 4 wheeled car than a 2 wheeled motorbike or moped.

Originally posted by Modesty

I would just like to say thank you to all the bus drivers for kicking me up the arse to start driving lessons again.

I have been struggling with our 9 month old twins for a while

and have been caught between a moral and practical fight for sometime.

Anyway todays first lesson was a breeze without them on the road, and on behalf of the people who have passed their test over the last 3 weeks CHEERS!

aaaah....as the mother of 3 year old twins i fully sympathise with you...it has also spurred me on to get my lessons restarted!!

actually the bus strike has saved me a fortune....I havent been out shopping in town for weeks!!! just did grocery shopping online, and spent the holidays in the garden (and under a brolly)

good luck modesty...!!

sue:D

Yeah Thanks bus drivers for 3 weeks of pure bliss driving to and from work.

Sort of missed you pulling out in front of me, will have to blow the dust off the horn ready for tomorrow's onslaught!

Is it just me or are more people using push bikes than before as well? I bought one at the weekend (Want to get fit more than anything!) and the lady who served me said she's sold loads of bikes to people because of the bus strike!

Good luck to everyone with their driving lessons!!

If you have any queries, you only have to ask.

Originally posted by Saxon

Good luck to everyone with their driving lessons!!

If you have any queries, you only have to ask.

im just about to ring you!

is it true that people are having to wait until january for test dates?????

sue:D