Drivers using mobiles to get 3pts & £60 fine.

the parrot looks like an mp3 player & it works by turning a knob - excatly like turning up the volume on the stereo.

And if you crash into something while doing that, you'd get done for driving without due care and attention, too. Both hands are for controlling the car, not fiddling with other devices. You want the volume turned up, get the passenger to do it, or pull over.

And if you crash into something while doing that, you'd get done for driving without due care and attention, too. Both hands are for controlling the car, not fiddling with other devices. You want the volume turned up, get the passenger to do it, or pull over.

yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next you'll be telling me i have to put my seatbelt on before setting off.

Ach whatever. It's about time they toughened up on this law. If you're going to have a law like this, then you may as well make the punishment suitable. 30 quid fine was a joke, at least this time for the few people that do get caught the consequences are something worth thinking about.

Good, 'cuz I still see far too many people on their phone while driving.

I agree. I think the police really need to clamp down on dangerous and unsafe driving in and around Sheffield as it is just getting worse and worse.

I agree. I think the police really need to clamp down on dangerous and unsafe driving in and around Sheffield as it is just getting worse and worse.

Could it be getting worse because more people are driving without licence,s and insurance? after all, a fine (If you get caught) is cheaper than insurance.

Sad fact I'm afraid, but true.

Just a quick post to let those not already aware that the Penalty for using your mobile phone whilst driving will increase to £60.00 and 3 points from 27/2/07.

http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/advice/mobilephones.htm

About time too !

I bought one of those nifty little blue tooth headsets from Argos for £15 it allows me to answer my phone when driving legally. Not ideal as you are still diverting some of your attention away from driving but is it any worse than talking to someone in the car with you or listening to a talk show on the radio?

About time too !

the law should have been administered before this. this is just a scare tactic to make users think twice before picking up the phone.

i hope i'm wrong but i doubt we'll see many blues & twos stopping drivers.