Rant at sheffield homes

mine is going to be done next week they are starting on thursday with the kitchen. not having bathroom done as already have a toilet and shower. i just dread it with the stories i have heard

my mum had her flat done a few months back and they still have to come back to do little jobs that were not done right and some still not done. ever since they did the kitchen they broke the switch on the boiler and still not come to fix it yet.but it does look nice

the keys are safe, they have a book with address in and corresponding key fob number. the keys only have a number on them. they are always getting lost and i dont recall any incidents of burgalry occurring.

Oh Gav you fill me with confidence! :roll:

its been 2 weeks now and still no kitchen or bathroom .iv been told Wednesday now ,but hold on ....they said that last week :rant: :rant: i will keep you all posted or and one more thing :huh: its great cooking in my room :huh:
Fun isn't it were into our 11th week, found our key but lost the door. it just gets better. Poor bugger next door is still having his kitchen done and they started his before ours.:(

Lets look at this from a more positive angle.. what could your contractor and SH do for you to make this work a little less stressful...

Sensible answers please :)

i think ,they should turn up on the date they say.then all the ppl wouldnt mind .it just when they leave you without no bath or cooker for weeks :huh: :huh:

I will give you a good example. The plasterer comes in one day to plaster the bathroom, nice job done leaves his tools and plaster in the bedroom opposite side unplastered. Comes back next day to pick up his tools and plaster to go and plaster another property and tells us he doesn't know when he will be back to plater the bed room. My Gf did her nut and told him he wasn't going anywhere until the bedroom was done. This was 3 working days before Christmas. One day they plaster kitchen then disappear for god knows how long, then some weeks later to plaster bathroom then try to get us to wait god knows how long for the bedroom. Instead of the plasterer doing all the rooms at once.:confused::loopy:

we have been having work done to our house ,today the plasterer was working on his own skimming bathroom,then they sent a sparky to change a light fitting in bathroom, so the plasterer had to go into the toilet and start skimming that,the sparky soon left and a plumber turn up saying he had to take out the toilet so the plasterer could skim around the back of old tank so the plasterer went back in the bathroom to carry on and then the plumber wanted him out of the way again so he could take of the shower.they seem to not have any idea of wot they should be doing first.i then noticed that my heating had gone off and there was no power to it at all,i asked plumber to have alook for me to see wot was wrong with it,he said nothing to do with him,it must have been the sparky.so i phoned the man incharge of the work in my area,,the foreman who has been very unhelpfull all the way through the work. He asured me that the sparky would be back round for 2 oclock and get my heating on before my 2 kids got home from school which did not happen. i phoned this steve back to see were the sparky was at 4:30,and he did not answer his phone to me i treid until he kept cutting me off, then even turned of his phone.i phoned his boss then seconds later he phoned me of the no. that he had just turned off and said sparky on his way.he got here a 5:30 choped my new plaster in kitchen and told me it had nothing to do with him as he said the heating control was falty and he couldnt fix,i then phoned emergancy repairs who just come at 8:30 and then all he did was press a reset button witch just looks like the little lights that come on when heating comes on and that was it .he said the plumber and sparky both should have known.Really it took him seconds i felt stupid but im not expected to know that but 2 tradesman should have.im going to report the area manager steve ,,,,,some one(they wont give me his last name)as he never trys to help and couldnt care less.hes also very aggresive.i would just like to say the plasterer was a good chap and now will have to come back to patch up mess sparky made for no need.

Morning all, its demo day in the foxden... :|

My microwave is in the middle of the living room floor, kettle on the side table and half my kitchen contents are in the garage...

1 man turned up at half eight to do the deed. He is currently stripping wallpaper..

i think where going to the star with this ..as you can see bigdonwizzle posted the problems we had yesterday .still no one here.phoned the main man after 10 phone calls then he answerd .told them we was going to the star ."i will be round at half 10" he said ,and as he come NO:rant: :rant: .SO WE ARE NOW PHONING THE STAR .I WILL LET YOU KNOW WOT HAPPENS. :o :o :o :o

Archived