Rant at sheffield homes

every one pays rent / mortgage

Me included.

But i'd be thankful that my place was getting a refurb.

If your paying a mortgage, the place belongs to you so it's your responsibility to keep it as you want it. On the upside is you make a profit when you sell (you hope)

If you rent, then the landlord is responsible for keeping the properties up to standard, and they benifit from investing in the property.

Please understand that many of these properties are seriously below modern standard. Mine has rotten windows, no provision for a washing machine to name but a few of the problems, and was meant to be done in November but no one turned up!

As you said, I still cant work out why a CLO would need to visit. Especially if they are starting on Monday. Unless you made a complaint, or are part of a TARA or TA.

I found out, its to take photos before the work starts and to 'talk me through it' :rolleyes:

Should be interesting, the last time I saw this particular lady it was across a meeting room table when I argued that leaving front doors wide open when being responsible for a tenants property was unprofessional and unacceptable.

I found out, its to take photos before the work starts and to 'talk me through it' :rolleyes:

Should be interesting, the last time I saw this particular lady it was across a meeting room table when I argued that leaving front doors wide open when being responsible for a tenants property was unprofessional and unacceptable.

And don't forget they get you to sign a disclaimer saying there not responsible for any loss or damage to your property or items. :(

That will be interesting!!! :)

And don't forget they get you to sign a disclaimer saying there not responsible for any loss or damage to your property or items. :(

I had to sign something but I don't think that's exactly what it said. You have to sign to say that they're not responsible for any damage to items that they have to move, such as cookers or fridges - which is fair enough(ish). Didn't say anything about loss or damage to anything else cos believe me I'd refuse to sign it! Could be any old cowboy in there stealing things!

The key worker signs a disclaimer too to say that she has explained everything, and filled out the relevant documentation and that she will rectify any problems.

We're also advised that we do NOT have to let workers use our bathrooms, nor should we be expected to make them teas or coffees etc as they have canteens and facilities available to them.

I had to sign something but I don't think that's exactly what it said. You have to sign to say that they're not responsible for any damage to items that they have to move, such as cookers or fridges - which is fair enough(ish)

Sorry but no, my cooker and fridgefreezer are only 12 months old. They break them they pay!

Also just been chatting to one of my tenants assoc. colleagues and one young mum with a 3 year old was left for 3 days with no heating, water or cooking facilities :rant: Oh I can't wait! :roll:

Sorry but no, my cooker and fridgefreezer are only 12 months old. They break them they pay!

Also just been chatting to one of my tenants assoc. colleagues and one young mum with a 3 year old was left for 3 days with no heating, water or cooking facilities :rant: Oh I can't wait! :roll:

Dad don't have any choice about them moving his stuff about with him not being there.

He;s been left with no bathroom sink for a few days. Left kitchen window wide open. Washing machine been left unplumbed for about a week... all good fun!

Just make sure you report EVERYTHING that goes wrong either to their supervisor or to the customer relations woman. Dad's done that and everytime he's complained, things have been better next day - they even plastered another bit of house that needed doing lol