Rant at sheffield homes

No Bigdon, as regular forummers will tell you I have no connection to either Sheffield homes or contractors.

I've not had any problems because work only began this morning.

I know a lot about it because I choose to know. I'm secretary of our tenants association and volunteer actively within the community. Its my job to know what's happening..

I get to find these things out. Had you read the thread from the top you would know all this. :)

i think where going to the star with this ..as you can see bigdonwizzle posted the problems we had yesterday .still no one here.phoned the main man after 10 phone calls then he answerd .told them we was going to the star ."i will be round at half 10" he said ,and as he come NO:rant: :rant: .SO WE ARE NOW PHONING THE STAR .I WILL LET YOU KNOW WOT HAPPENS. :o :o :o :o

They just constantly lie to you. Latest saga is the front door. Manufacturer has run out of that style, err came to fit it you wasn't in (got our spare keys so ????), Fitter off sick, Lost your door, eventually we told them to just fit a door as long as it was Mahogany. Monday fitted the door which is badly damaged and will not replace it. I say fitted door they fitted it but I have a 6inch gap all the way around the inside still waiting for them to come back and finnish it off. Door fitter told me he hasn't been off sick at all. Just one more of the endless excuses and lies we have been told.:mad:

Well people: end of day 1. I say end of but its only just gone 3pm :?

My workman for the day was polite and friendly, ever so helpful and tidy. He had totally stripped out my kitchen leaving me with the sink and its base unit and my cooker.

The bathroom has had a less radical destruction, tiles have gone, any wallpaper and carpets gone and the boxing for the pipes.

He had laid carpet protector along all the communal areas (halls/landings) so any future workmen wont be getting my carpets dirty.

Pics will be posted :thumbsup:

No more action until monday when apparantly its floor destruction time in the kitchen and a lady plumber is also on the pipework job.

I AGREE MENAGEMENT IS CRAP MY SON COULD DO A BETTER JOB AND HES ONLY TEN .WE HAVE KICKED OFF:rant: :rant: THAT MUST 2DAY TO THE FOREMAN ,HE GOT LADS TO COME AND PUT MY BATHROOM IN ,STILL HERE NOW .BUT YESTERDAY TOLD US IT WASNT GOING IN TILL NEXT TUESDAY ,SO ANY PPL OUT THERE HAVING PROBLEMS ,TELL THEM UR GOIN 2 THE STAR AND THEY CRAP THEM SELFS:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

telephoned them three times and left messages asking what is happening with the door. Still no reply better not pester them too much last time I got upset with them I was told to go to the doctors for medication. Latest thing is there going to get the manufacture to repair the door in situ. I wanted a new door like everyone else not sloppy seconds.

I AGREE MENAGEMENT IS CRAP MY SON COULD DO A BETTER JOB AND HES ONLY TEN .WE HAVE KICKED OFF:rant: :rant: THAT MUST 2DAY TO THE FOREMAN ,HE GOT LADS TO COME AND PUT MY BATHROOM IN ,STILL HERE NOW .BUT YESTERDAY TOLD US IT WASNT GOING IN TILL NEXT TUESDAY ,SO ANY PPL OUT THERE HAVING PROBLEMS ,TELL THEM UR GOIN 2 THE STAR AND THEY CRAP THEM SELFS:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Very true it wasn't until threatened using the paper that we got things moving.