Given free ticket after paying on bus

if First paid drivers more this kind of thing wouldn't happen so much.

Not so sure about this. I think you will alway get the odd driver who is up to scams like this irrespective of what they are paid.

i have had the few bus drivers not give me a ticket at all! They try and distract you whenthey see you struggling with a pram etc. cheeky sods:rolleyes:

Not so sure about this. I think you will alway get the odd driver who is up to scams like this irrespective of what they are paid.

I agree. I just thought whats the point snitching when they are underpaid for the job they are doing and give them the benefit of the doubt of it being an honest mistake. But it's happened 3 out the 6 or so times I've used a bus in the last month and it's annoyed me now so I'm reporting next time. I don't think most people look at their tickets so now OAPs get free tickets it must be a nice little scam for certain drivers:suspect:

Alot of times I haven't been given a ticket when going on the bus, or the driver has passed me a ticket from a collection near him. I don't particularly mind about this sort of thing, if it means they can earn a few quid extra for a job they're underpaid for then so be it.

However, if i were to be fined for not having a ticket then I would be outraged :P

Alot of times I haven't been given a ticket when going on the bus, or the driver has passed me a ticket from a collection near him. I don't particularly mind about this sort of thing, if it means they can earn a few quid extra for a job they're underpaid for then so be it.

However, if i were to be fined for not having a ticket then I would be outraged :P

I think they do that when they've given someone the wrong ticket and then issued another one, so they give it to another passenger so their takings are right.

I wouln't mind about the OAP ticket scam so much but it seems to happening a lot, to point of it taking the p*** really.

If that keeps happening with the OAP tickets it is going to get to the point where the are going to reintroduce a fare for OAP which isn't fair (or fare :hihi:- oh im soooo funny!) but seriously that is what the bus companies are going to end up doing! :mad:

If that keeps happening with the OAP tickets it is going to get to the point where the are going to reintroduce a fare for OAP which isn't fair (or fare :hihi:- oh im soooo funny!) but seriously that is what the bus companies are going to end up doing! :mad:

I've mentioned on another thread that we in Bournemouth don't actually get given a ticket. We just show our pass and the driver clicks something on his machine.

We don't even have to state a destination now either. Perhaps this would be a way round it?:thumbsup:

if anybody has been done by a driver then keep your ticket as it contains all the relevant information

I think they do that when they've given someone the wrong ticket and then issued another one, so they give it to another passenger so their takings are right.

I wouln't mind about the OAP ticket scam so much but it seems to happening a lot, to point of it taking the p*** really.

Yeah, I agree, if it was happening occassionally it would be more tolerated. I guess it's just not knowing when to stop for them.

ive known for some drivers to have a scam on the weekly savers ie scaning their own and passing them on as the real thing . how much do they earn then?

They shouldn't be getting away with this - they are robbing the bus companies, which will ultimately put up the prices even more than they have already!

ive known for some drivers to have a scam on the weekly savers ie scaning their own and passing them on as the real thing . how much do they earn then?

Oh yeah and how do they manage this then,and where do the drivers get the weekly savers from?.

Oh thats it they have a pc and a scanner in the cab all hooked up to a printer,I think you will find its passengers that scan tickets and pass them off as the real thing and that happens all the time.