Girls! need advice on a skincare regime please.

I've always wondered what the movie stars use on their faces, they always look so shiny, re-freshed and clean :confused: must be chemical peels !

Yeah, they do don't they. I suppose that's what got me thinking actually. I was looking at a pic of that Danni girl from CBB and thought "she's the same age as me but her face skin looks like a babies! I know she had loads of make up on but still! That's why I thought, new year, time to put some effort into looking good.

Thanks for the advice Willman. You know what I mean about the wind/rain/blizards cracking your face when at the stables then. :| not good.

As for the booze thing, that I don't understand. I used to eat crap and drink heavily about 5 nights a week. Now I try and eat better and rarely drink my skins suffering. Back to the nights on the tiles for me then :thumbsup::hihi:

:rolleyes: Better get some of that green Tea stuff! :|

point 1 (from a bloke) buy Nivea cream.i have the same issue with chapped dried cheekbones when out at the stables, works for me now.

(although i use an aftershave/moisture balm thingy'cos it's more butch)

I think I have some of those left too. Nivea is a good brand.

For hands, I also used to get really dry and chappy hands from washing glasses and things like that behind a bar. For hard working hands, I recommend that Neutrogena Norweigian one. It's good for seriously chapped hands, but not so good if your hands are okay. Cos I find that it doesn't easily absorb sometimes. For an everyday one, the Clarins hand cream formula is good. It doesn't matter about the pricing, cos there is always discounts if you shop around. Superdrug have good pricings for products like Clarins, compared to over the counter in some department stores.

Thanks for the advice Willman. You know what I mean about the wind/rain/blizards cracking your face when at the stables then. :| not good.

As for the booze thing, that I don't understand. I used to eat crap and drink heavily about 5 nights a week. Now I try and eat better and rarely drink my skins suffering. Back to the nights on the tiles for me then :thumbsup::hihi:

:rolleyes: Better get some of that green Tea stuff! :|

Well, don't think that your skin is the same whatever age you are. When you're young, clubbing isn't that bad, as the skin can survive such heavy nights, and can regenerate itself easily. Now that I'm older, I realise that I need to take better care of my health and skin. Regeneration doesn't happen as fast, and it's changing itself for the next stage of my life cycle. (I'm in my late 20s.)

Yeh, I drink fruit teas too now. :hihi:

You don't need to spend pounds and pounds on skincare. If your skin is sensitive, or prone to spots occasionally, using shed loads of different things might aggravate it further.

My advice:

1) Drink lots of water. It really does work to make your skin look better.

2) Use unperfumed products where ever possible. Simple is a good range.

3) Try to use a daily moisturiser with a SPF of at least 15, and when you're out in full sun, then use a high SPF cream (30+) specially designed for facial skin and reapply it frequently.

4) Don't use a heavy cream at night. It can encourage blackheads and irritation.

5) What suits one person won't suit another. Try a basic, inexpensive range (like the aforementioned Simple), and only move on to something more expensive if the cheaper range doesn't suit you.

6) Don't smoke. Ever.

point 1 (from a bloke) buy Nivea cream.i have the same issue with chapped dried cheekbones when out at the stables, works for me now.

(although i use an aftershave/moisture balm thingy'cos it's more butch)

Qute agree slap the Nivea on, I have used it for years and years and years!

I was once swayed and bought some posh anti-wrinkle cream, but it did nothing that the Nivea didn't do, and Nivea is cheap

Or lads, any beauticians out there? on dermowhatsits? Need some advice. Always used simple dove soap and water and had great skin, and little make up but quite frankly my skin is now crap, ought to be piling the slap on everyday but don't tend to bother. I'm not a proper bird (as my OH says) so not very good at choosing stuff when I go somewhere like Boots, I just don't understand what everything is meant to do.

I spend a fair bit of time outside in "the weather" so to speak and my skin is starting to age quicker than it should. Someone mistoke me for 29 the other day and I'm only 23. It's not that bad, but I don't want it to get any worse. Also getting bleedin spots for the first time in my life too. So I need recomendations please.

1) A protective barrier from the weather when I'm with the horse or out riding 9every morning and most afternoons) (not Vaseline preferably:gag: it's a bit rank)

2) A middle of the price range deep cleansing somet for night time, that actually cleans without burning or scraping your face.

3) A middle of the price range moisturiser for when my skins dry. (Oil free)

4) Any general advice on what to do/where to go to stay looking young and pretty forever and not like a weathered old hag in my 20's! (No I am not interested in cosmetic surgery)

Thank you good people of SF! :thumbsup:

Hello,

Thank god i don't have to advise you to use Jif on your face like I did XsunshineX (look back through my past posts:hihi: )

At no point do you say what skin type you are apart from you are outside... therefore it's a given that you should use an spf moisturiser EVERYDAY not just for when your skin feels dry. I recommend Vitamin C SPF 15 Daily Moisturiser

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/24673&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,scmoisturisers

as it protects against UVA and UVB filters. it's suitable for most types of skin and has citrus essential oils if you suffer from the odd spot..

Although you are only 23, if you are outdoors a lot of the time start using a spot of night moisturiser now.

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/24607&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,scmoisturisers

Again I'd recommend this one as it has natural anti oxidants to fight all the pollution going into your skin.

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/24683&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,scmasks

This one is a good daily facial scrub if your skin is not looking bright.

May i also recommend the eye cream in this range as well

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/24675&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,sceyecare

If you want a quick emergency treatment to zap your skin back quick, everyone who I've recommended this to has told me how wonderful they thought it was

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/81155&bklist=icat,4,shop,sc,sctreatments

Skin Focus Re-Texturising Peel

Use every night for a week (if not too sensitive and then drop back to once a week with dry skin, twice with oily) If you are dry, don't over exfoliate, this can cause dryness! Once a week is sufficient for this skin type.

If you are getting spots and dryness it sounds like the sebum is just getting blocked in your pores and spot creams will just dry the area out even more. It's better to treat your skin as a whole and then treat the occasional spot. My tip for this... mm fluoride TOOTHPASTE!!:hihi:

Tips for young skin: stay off the sunbed, moisturise with SPF if outside everyday, moisturise every day - don't worry about oil, the best treatments actually TREAT spots with oil as it is fooling the skin into thinking it has produced sebum already. Drink lots of water and eat lots of tomatoes. Don't be stressed if you can help it and get lots of sleep (the two things i don't do!)

You mentioned the Danielle lass from BB. Light reflecting make up that matches her skin tone ) , no stress (rich boyfriend) and lots of sleep probably and a low IQ! :hihi:

(Although I have to say, I didn't think it was as good as Davina's who i was thinking wow, how gorgeous is she looking?(no I'm not that way - just like nice skin:)

Personally, I now just use water for washing. It sounds odd but it's the only way I keep the spots at bay! Every time I use any product regularly it makes my face feel dry and tight, and my skin looks dreary. I also find I don't need to moisturise much, as I'm not stripping the moisture from my skin (as it feels like when I use a facial wash).

I got my mum a book for Christmas - Imperfectly Natural Woman by Janey Lee Grace. She recommends using essential oils to moisturise with (after having an aromatherapy massage), I've not tried it myself. I'd recommend the book by the way!