Northfield Court fallen gable end

I'm not surprised at the rate they were thrown up, although saying that, they must comply with the building regs, and they are exposed to the elements up there. Its scary how quick they go up these days, one week a big hole, a couple of weeks later and there's completed houses. Another local example is the apartments at the junction of Lydgate Lane and Cross Lane.

I'm not surprised at the rate they were thrown up, although saying that, they must comply with the building regs, and they are exposed to the elements up there. Its scary how quick they go up these days, one week a big hole, a couple of weeks later and there's completed houses. Another local example is the apartments at the junction of Lydgate Lane and Cross Lane.

I think that is the problem with big commercial building companies.

There are some town houses which are being built on Chippinghouse road, and I have been watching them go up. There are about 6 or 8 of them and they are making a lovely job, have been at it for at least 6 months.

Are these flats which are high up overlooking Bolehills?

If so they must take a hell of a battering when the wind gets up. Although you would expect a modern building regulations to be able to stand up to gusts of wind.

Yes they are.

Look Leeds said it's one of the highest points in Sheffield, 1000 feet above sea level apparently, and completely exposed as all thats opposite are the Rivelin and Loxley valleys.

I spent many a childhood day up there being blown along by gusts of wind!

This should not happen with old or new building methods. Heads will role over this I predict ,on the Builders side and possibly the Councils.

Absolutely disgraceful.

Do you mean a Building Regs Inspector might have been negligent in signing off the work?

...gotta wonder if the buildings reg's bloke will be quite so lenient with signing off any tiling next time.

;)