Refurbished CANNON pub

They must want to exclude the old clientelle. Maybe they'll put the prices up to discourage them.

Otherwise, yes indeed - why bother.

Why on earth are they doing it up???

Because it was a s**t hole???

Its the punters it attracts rather than the state of the Pub itself.

Pointless redecorating if your going to still get in the same old dodgey customers as before. Never been in myself as it looks way too risky.

Its the punters it attracts rather than the state of the Pub itself.

Pointless redecorating if your going to still get in the same old dodgey customers as before. Never been in myself as it looks way too risky.

Exactly what I was thinking!! Whatever they do to the pub it is where it is, that's the problem! That end of the city has always attracted the scum. Wherever the markets are the surrounding pubs always seem to be the same.

Two weeks? Thats how long its taken to get the carpet up and carry out DNA tests on it :hihi:

Two weeks? Thats how long its taken to get the carpet up and carry out DNA tests on it :hihi:

or roll it up and create the biggest spliff for the guinness book of records :wow:

Anyone dared to look up above the chippy opposite?!! OMG that place wants wants closing down and having a health inspection! The whole top floor/upstairs to the chippy has broken smasked windows which have been like that for years and the pigeons just use it as a home flying in and out, pooing everywhere, it's rank!!!

Ok, it smells good (the food lol) but I wouldn't buy from them... but there's plenty that do!

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

The place along with Hen and Chickens need shutting down, both pubs de-grade the whole area.

Pete,

Don't say that.

The Hen and chickens is almost certainly the oldest pub in the city centre.

The exact date is lost in history, but people were drinking in there on the day Queen Victoria was crowned in 1837, when it was already long established as a popular pub!