Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

I m not opposed to the architecture per say but I am currently loking to buy a house in the area for around £110K and looked at a property down the road from the mosque. We were instantly put off by it for a couple of reasons in particular. Namely; the parking/traffic issues when the mosque is open and the noise pollution at the times of call to prayer. I used to live opposite a church with bells in Amsterdam and it was a bloody nightmare every sunday when I wanted a lie in!

Well you have made two mistakes then.

1) The parking problems around the mosque are 1% of the scale of the parking problems on a match day. Are you aware that SUFC is situated 500 yards further into town and they play in the premiership.

2) There is not going to be any noise pollution.

i hate it, its cheap and nasty looking, not well built or well thought out at all, to say it cost about 22 million to build its shabby. I could of designed a better mosque, it doesn't do islam any good at all. The people who designed it should be ashamed of themselves. I don't mean to cause any offence to anyone, but to be honest i really don't like it.

It's a shame that all those who object to ugly buildings don't kick up such as fuss when a new BP garage opens. Especially as they are never made of brick to blend in and not only that, they use lots of green plastic.

Whether or not you like it, is nothing more than personal taste, so any fool who brings religion or race into a discusion of an edifice's architectural merit, will quite rightly be questioned as to whether they have racist leanings or are a member of the BNP.

Seen it for the first time today. What an absolute eyesore. How the **** do these things get granted planning permission?

Or is it a case of not wanting to reject it in case of 'offending muslims'

Or is it a case of people making completely unsubstantiated claims that there is no way of proving / disproving?

Seen it for the first time today. What an absolute eyesore. How the **** do these things get granted planning permission?

Or is it a case of not wanting to reject it in case of 'offending muslims'

Bullseye!!

So are you a BNP/Daily Mail reader then? You certainly seem to have that foolish, racist paranoia mindset. Or are you talking out of your name as usual?:D

'Ugly' buildings get built all the time, the Eiffel Tower was derided in it's time - 'simply not French!', ironic as now it is seen the symbol of France. People seem to be incapable of learning from the past, so ignorance continues.

Though, one has to wonder with comments like yours, is it only 'ugly' as it's to do with Islam?

i hate it, its cheap and nasty looking, not well built or well thought out at all, to say it cost about 22 million to build its shabby

SheffStudent you hate it (your opinion, your entitled to it) but have you actually read the previous posts?:huh:

The mosque did not cost about £22 million to build. More like a tenth of that.

I could of designed a better mosque, it doesn't do islam any good at all. The people who designed it should be ashamed of themselves. I don't mean to cause any offence to anyone, but to be honest i really don't like it.

Do you really think you could design something better? :)

Well how about you do a drawing (a quick sketch, dont want to take up too much of your time) and put in on the net. With a link for SheffieldForummers to view. :D

SheffStudent you hate it (your opinion, your entitled to it) but have you actually read the previous posts?:huh:

The mosque did not cost about £22 million to build. More like a tenth of that.

Hey, don't let those pesky facts get in the way of ignorance!:D

Do you really think you could design something better? :)

Well how about you do a drawing (a quick sketch, dont want to take up too much of your time) and put in on the net. With a link for SheffieldForummers to view. :D

Looking forward to seing something constructive for a change, especially from those who only like to carp.

What about Karachi, or Lahore?

Because it's a complete eyesore of plastic and gaudy bricks in the middle of an English city, and represents everything that's wrong about multiculturalism and the lack of integration that has resulted from it.

Wrong with multiculturalism and lack of integration? So the old Co-Op building was okay then? :confused: If Muslims are investing in the city why is that wrong. There are plenty of mosques in Lahore and Karach anyway :hihi:

What woud please you in terms of integration? For Muslims to build a most designed like a church when many other churches are being converted into flats or wine bars? I just cannot see your point as to how this building does not help integration.