Poll: New Heeley Mosque, what do you think?

What do you think of the new mosque  

619 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new mosque

• Like it
    • Dislike it
    • Don't really care

this is true, after-all if a dog is born in a stable it dose'nt make it a horse

:loopy: A very random argument.. probably placed in the wrong thread.

So is a person born in BRITAIN not BRITISH?

Also is a horse born outside a stable a horse? :D

Oh how the once great empire has fallen.

Empires rise and FALL:)

http://www.pbs.org/empires/

If people are so proud of Pakistan, India etc. THEN GO LIVE THERE!

How is this linked to the Heeley mosque..lol.. You still dont get the fact that not all Asians are Muslim and vice versa.

I think the British were proud of India (Pakistan and India were one then, only India existed) thats why they went over to obtain the riches of the country. Read up history.. the link below should narrow down the time frame your looking for :)

http://www.timelines.info/history/continents_and_countries/middle_east_and_asia/asia/india/british_invasion_and_rule_of_india/

You do come out with some ignorant twaddle. Are you a BNP member as you sure sound like one?

Comments like this don't help. If someone is accused of being in the BNP every time they disagree with something Islamic you will find people afraid to speak their mind, which isn't healthy for debate.

Comments like this don't help. If someone is accused of being in the BNP every time they disagree with something Islamic you will find people afraid to speak their mind, which isn't healthy for debate.

Your reply in response to the posting below by Troyhark

You do come out with some ignorant twaddle. Are you a BNP member as you sure sound like one?

Which Troyhark posted in response to the posting by NorbetColon

What about Karachi, or Lahore?

Because it's a complete eyesore of plastic and gaudy bricks in the middle of an English city, and represents everything that's wrong about multiculturalism and the lack of integration that has resulted from it.

So where was the link to Islam? :confused: The BNP are anti-Asian hence his assumption.

Healthy Debate. This is what is required... Unfortunately most people dont know much or are not willing to learn about the so called "opposition" to engage in a HEALTHY debate. Thats why cheap comments are thrown, for an example view NorbertColon's comment quoted above.

Your reply in response to the posting below by Troyhark

Which Troyhark posted in response to the posting by NorbetColon

So where was the link to Islam? :confused: The BNP are anti-Asian hence his assumption.

Healthy Debate. This is what is required... Unfortunately most people dont know much or are not willing to learn about the so called "opposition" to engage in a HEALTHY debate. Thats why cheap comments are thrown, for an example view NorbertColon's comment quoted above.

Sorry, I thought mosques were related to Islam in some way, which is what this thread is supposed to be about. My mistake obviously.

I m not opposed to the architecture per say but I am currently loking to buy a house in the area for around £110K and looked at a property down the road from the mosque. We were instantly put off by it for a couple of reasons in particular. Namely; the parking/traffic issues when the mosque is open and the noise pollution at the times of call to prayer. I used to live opposite a church with bells in Amsterdam and it was a bloody nightmare every sunday when I wanted a lie in!

To be fair the majority of us are trying to have a healthy debate Qazam but unfortunatly when we voice displeasure about the desgin of said building people accuse us (unfairly) of being anti-islamic, which is not the case. The thread asks us for opinions on a building, and when we are honest we get replies such as:

you lot make me laugh, how about you put your hands in your pocket and build something "beautiful"... pure jealously and hatred.

There are people on both sides of the argument who are incapable of having a healthy debate.