Do long distance relationships work?

We've been married 42 years. I was in Sheffield he was in Hampshire, we saw each other about eight times a year. We used to write three times a week and phone twice a week, from a phone box, I used to wait at the phone box for him to ring me. The most basic thing needed in a long distance relationship is trust more so than a normal relationship. At least thats my opinion

Does Sheffield to Rochester count as a long distance relationship? About 180 miles.

I met my wife where I used to work, I lived in Sheffield, she lived in Rochester. We used to travel weekly to each other until she moved to Sheffield. So in my experience they do work as we are still together 6 years later on.

Yes they do! 3 and a half years of me in Edinburgh, him in rotherham, constant phone calls and a 3 hour train journey every second weekend and now we're happily living together!

My sister is currently doing a long distance with her living in Edinburgh and him in Lanzarote, looks to be working out alright!

I wouldnt mind a long-distance relationship to be honest...

I dont want a repeat of my last relationship where we saw eachother every single day ... then that went down to 4 time a week... then 2... S'pose it makes it all the more special when you do see them, and you appreciate that more. Especially seeing as your getting your own space aswell.

my bf lives in manchester and i see him for three days a week so I'm ok, still miss him when es not here and get paranoid because i dont know where he is 24/7 but next year i'll hopefully be moving to manchester and living with him so thats ok i guess