Who remembers the Attercliffe Radical Club ?

My Dad Billy Hannan used to wait on and sometimes sing at the Rads anybody remember him, he always used to get us abottle of vimto, and we had to sit in the lounge when the bingo was on and be quiet, can remember going to the stage door to get the groups autograph,gosh does that make me a groupie:hihi:

Does anybody remember Georgie Woods barbers on Staniforth Rd at the bottom of Chelmsford Street. He had a bicycle seat that fitted at the back of the barbers chair for kids to use. I went there all the time and he knew everyone.

My grandad Fred Thompson was the doorman at the Attercliffe Radical Club for many years and my auntie Kath worked behind the bar. All our family practically lived in the place and we used to go on all the club trips. Happy days.

For anyone interested and not seen it, Detrius on here, made some videos and posted them on youtube all about growing up in Attercliffe in the 70's and he makes plenty of references to the Rads. One video in particular is all about the Rads (picture/video 31) if you want to have a look. Just go onto youtube and search for, a 'cliffe' kid or 70sheffieldlad and you'll spot the videos. Think there's about 33 in all and it's entertaining viewing and worth a look!
We spoke about this know more than a month ago lise.Had a great laugh.lol.miss ya and sleep well me love.xxx

I remember many a Sunday lunchtime spent in the rads with my dad and grandad. "Playing" housey housey with used housey cards, vimto and plains crisps with the salt in a twist of blue paper. This was in the early 1960's.

On 30/11/2006 at 06:11, Eleke95 said:

Does anyone remember Albert who sat in the chairman's box? Think he did the 'doorman's' job as well (not sure - memories goin a bit!) in his trilby hat!

I remember Stan and Dora were the main landlord and landlady that I knew but there was another couple after them just before it closed.

Was it Terry Parkin??

On 04/03/2010 at 20:08, brooksy said:
Eleke95 said:
For anyone interested and not seen it, Detrius on here, made some videos and posted them on youtube all about growing up in Attercliffe in the 70's and he makes plenty of references to the Rads. One video in particular is all about the Rads (picture/video 31) if you want to have a look. Just go onto youtube and search for, a 'cliffe' kid or 70sheffieldlad and you'll spot the videos. Think there's about 33 in all and it's entertaining viewing and worth a look!

We spoke about this know more than a month ago lise.Had a great laugh.lol.miss ya and sleep well me love.xxx

14 years lise

Miss you xxx