Who remembers the Attercliffe Radical Club ?

Eleke95

You must be going back a few years - I remember the drummer being called craig (around late 70's onwards to closing) and he was only about 17 when he first worked there!!

i only know he was the drummer at sunday lunch ..... dunno about in the evenings & this would have been 1970 onwards sorta era , i used to sneak up on the stage when the curtains were shut & have a go on em meself ....... memories eh !!!!

Does anyone remember Albert who sat in the chairman's box? Think he did the 'doorman's' job as well (not sure - memories goin a bit!) in his trilby hat!

I remember Stan and Dora were the main landlord and landlady that I knew but there was another couple after them just before it closed.

Hang on a minute though, You are not any relation to Queenie and Mack Whiteley are you? I think they had a son and daughter. They also had two lovely little granddaughters from what I remember.

Yes, I'm there daughter Ann, I have two brothers Dennis and John, the two granddaughters are Janine and Charline, Janine has 4 boys and Charlene 1 girl and 1 boy. My mum still lives at Darnall, sadly dad died just over 2 years ago. I remember Albert in the box, was his second name Cooke and didn't he have a daughter called Denise.

Small world

Yes, I'm there daughter Ann, I have two brothers Dennis and John, the two granddaughters are Janine and Charline, Janine has 4 boys and Charlene 1 girl and 1 boy. My mum still lives at Darnall, sadly dad died just over 2 years ago. I remember Albert in the box, was his second name Cooke and didn't he have a daughter called Denise.

Small world

Yes, I know you! Like you say it is a small world. Don't know if you would remember me though cause I'm just a bit older than Janine. We used to sit near the front almost infront of the box. Fancy Janine and Charline being all grown up with kids of their own! I remember Charline being born!! I suddenly feel very old! Sorry About your dad, thats sad.

Do you remember any of these : Wilsons (jack) Kings(Fred)Cannisters(Elsie)Foxes, Whites(johnny and Marilyn), Hetty, Dot Robinson,

Small world

Actually my mum also worked at the university with your mum - tell her Iris King. I'm sure she will remember her!

we used to live bang across the road from the entrance, i can remember my dad saying he was going to the toilet at the bottom of the yard and nipping into the pub. we lived there until i was around 7/8 years old which would have been from 1972 to around 1979 ish

Yes, I know you! Like you say it is a small world. Don't know if you would remember me though cause I'm just a bit older than Janine. We used to sit near the front almost infront of the box. Fancy Janine and Charline being all grown up with kids of their own! I remember Charline being born!! I suddenly feel very old! Sorry About your dad, thats sad.

Do you remember any of these : Wilsons (jack) Kings(Fred)Cannisters(Elsie)Foxes, Whites(johnny and Marilyn), Hetty, Dot Robinson,

I remember some of the names, I used to babysit for Elsie and Roy Cannister when they lived on Fearnehough Street, they lived next door to my aunty Kath who also used to go the the Rads. Kathleen Butt was her name.

Did you know Elsie had died a few months ago?

Have just spoke to my mum, she remembers your mum and asked for her best to be past on to her.

Ahh thank you! - yeah I also spoke to my mum and she says the same! I did hear about Elsie. It was funny because we hadn't seen her for years and then about 3 years ago we bumped into her and Roy at Chapel St. Leonards and she was saying she'd been ill. We saw her again a couple more times and then read in the star that she'd died. Very sad.

Thanks for replying Anne (I'm Lisa by the way). Hi to your mum!

we used to live bang across the road from the entrance, i can remember my dad saying he was going to the toilet at the bottom of the yard and nipping into the pub. we lived there until i was around 7/8 years old which would have been from 1972 to around 1979 ish

I can just about remember those houses being there! Then all the houses on the road went and it just left the club standing. That's when I can remember playing outside on the club steps and seeing rats running around!!