Who remembers the Attercliffe Radical Club ?

I was in Mr Byrnes class and my sister in mrs whitehouse originally she was miss hodgeson do u remember Mr Sims headteacher Mrs Ring was lovely

Yes I remember Mr. Simms. I also liked Mrs. Ring though I know plenty didn't! It was sad when she went blind. Do you also remember

Mrs Tracey

Mrs Anyon (Not my favourite!)

Miss Barnes (lovely)

:wave::wave: Hi Whiteley! Hope you are well!

Im fine thanks, I should be seeing Linda Gallagher next Sunday so I will ask her about Julie.

Im fine thanks, I should be seeing Linda Gallagher next Sunday so I will ask her about Julie.

Cheers Anne, that would be great! X

For anyone interested and not seen it, Detrius on here, made some videos and posted them on youtube all about growing up in Attercliffe in the 70's and he makes plenty of references to the Rads. One video in particular is all about the Rads (picture/video 31) if you want to have a look. Just go onto youtube and search for, a 'cliffe' kid or 70sheffieldlad and you'll spot the videos. Think there's about 33 in all and it's entertaining viewing and worth a look!

Spent most weekends in the Rads, late 60s to early 80s.

It looks a sad sight now.

does anyone remember the little shop on the opposite corner from auto something or other on opposite side from dexel ?we used to call in there on way to club and get kunzel cakes they were delicious wish i could get them now can anyone else remember them

Can anyone give me some information on the Radical Club on Roundel Street in Attercliffe?. My great great Grandfather Joseph Bailey was the Club Steward & Caretaker there in the late 1880's, lived at No.31 Roundel Street, his daughter Hilda is my Great Grandmother and married Thomas Halliday from Grimethorpe in Barnsley

Can anyone give me some information on the Radical Club on Roundel Street in Attercliffe?. My great great Grandfather Joseph Bailey was the Club Steward & Caretaker there in the late 1880's, lived at No.31 Roundel Street, his daughter Hilda is my Great Grandmother and married Thomas Halliday from Grimethorpe in Barnsley

Is or was the Radical Club, Conservative ?. I remember my father saying that

his parents, Thomas & Francis Bailey had something to do with a Conservative club in Attercliffe, around the late 1800s/early 1900s.

My father was the Chairman of the Brightside & Carbrook Labour Party in the 1940s and his parents were not too happy about it ! ! .

I have a lot of the names of my father's ancestors.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

I can remember playing bingo in the Rads with my then father in law when I came home on leave you only got one ticket and you played all the games on it so you had to have markers or torn up bits of beer mat to cover the numbers if any body walked past and wafted the bits of paper off your bingo card you had to try to remember what numbers had gone nightmare!!!

hi..was albert (trilby hat),albert cook..

Yes he was!

Me and my sisters went in the rads and on there trips to the coast in the 70s.happy days.:)