Bobby Knutt

The pantomime is Cinderalla at the Lyceum starting mid-December.

It has cast including Bobby Knutt, several others of indiscriminate fame and the nearly-ran Bob the Builder of Joseph fame (the guy from Rotherham, McVeigh I believe).

I only know all this from a poster in the city centre, I'm not a fan, just happened to be standing alongside the poster long enough to read it!

We took our sons to a pantomime with Bobby Knutt in the 1980's and they went on the stage as kids do, telling Bobby Knutt that all they had for Christmas was a bag 'o marbles. The audience looked at the red-faced parents cringing in their seats wondering why they'd spent a fortune on electronic wizardry just to face the embarrassment of their kids telling half of Sheffield that their parents are tight! My husband has never forgiven Bobby Knutt.

All our sons can remember about Bobby Knutt was that he had "big squashy hands like shovels".

Duffem

• 4 weeks later...

I thought he was funny as a kid, but I think that was only because my dad did:hihi:

My mum and dad saw him a few times at WMC's and bought an album of his I cant remember the title I just remember a song which my dad giggled to a lot, it has lyrics that went:

"The crowd, they all shouted bullocks" it was about a bull fight apparantly. I dont know if my parents still own it, but they never chuck owt away.

Supertram adverts for this years Crucible or Lyceum panto - Bonny Knutt local legend!

Local **insert rude word here** more like.

Not sure what the rude word was but I'm amazed at the number of bad messages on here about him. I know comedy's a subjective thing and we all have different tastes, but the guy made a great living from doing stand - up in probably the 3rd hardest area in the UK. (That's hard as in difficult to please the audience) Glasgow and Newcastle clubs were the worst, but South Yorkshire must be next and Bobby Knutt made audiences laugh night after night, if he hadn't done he wouldn't have got the bookings. If you've never been out on stage in front of 200 people and tried to make them laugh you've no idea what inner fear is.

Perhaps the "local legend" is a bit OTT but I suppose it depends on how you define legend.

I thought he was funny as a kid, but I think that was only because my dad did:hihi:

My mum and dad saw him a few times at WMC's and bought an album of his I cant remember the title I just remember a song which my dad giggled to a lot, it has lyrics that went:

"The crowd, they all shouted bullocks" it was about a bull fight apparantly. I dont know if my parents still own it, but they never chuck owt away.

my daughter works in a pet shop in chapletown and he calls in there regular

Why does everyone knock the poor guy, what has he ever done but try to entertain? I have never had the balls to get up on a stage and entertain and i guess neither has many of the "contributors" ,I am no great fan but surely the outpouring of vituperation is a bit much. three cheers for knutty I say

Bobby Nutts was performing on the PO cruise liner on the transatlantic run to the caribbean (2nd Nov 07 - 16th Nov 07). He mentioned his home town of Sheffield on a number of occasions. Didn't realise that he was married to former British athlete Donna Hartley. She was also giving talks on her life and keep fit but it hasn't worked on Bobby (I know he's in his sixities) but he could do with loosing a few inches around the midrift.

Bobby's ok I saw him in our local store earlier this year & all he talked about was the cruise & how he had trouble listening to the radio to hear the sheffield united matches,he told me he was on deck & some posh toff asked him if he could tell him a joke & he told him in no uncertain words to P off he was listening to the match.

• 5 months later...
Bobby's ok I saw him in our local store earlier this year & all he talked about was the cruise & how he had trouble listening to the radio to hear the sheffield united matches,he told me he was on deck & some posh toff asked him if he could tell him a joke & he told him in no uncertain words to P off he was listening to the match.

I was talking to Knutty at a show he did in South Elmsall, about 5 years ago, he was very kind and gave us the time of day, we wher chatting about United and I asked him if he knew where I could get a copy of his record 'Following Sheffield United' and he said that he didn't even have a copy, I note that quite a few people on here have said that his Record was 'Rubbish' so if anyone as a copy and they don't want? - I would like it! to put on my web page - songs about United page... cheers if anyone can help!