I'm reading Bobby Knutts autobiography at the minute and I'm really enjoying it...some funny stuff went on back in the goold old days lol. He was certainly a jack the lad! I remember seeing him in panto when I was a kid and took my daughters to the Lyceum when he was in Cinderella and Aladdin...it was like de ja vu hearing them shout "ey up knutty" :D. I hope he's going to be appearing in the next panto...we missed him this year :( although it must be hard work, especially for someone his age, doing panto every day, twice a day for over a month. My nan lives in the house that marti cane used to live in apparently (or the house that her nan lived in-not sure which) and he used to visit a house just down our street, in Shiregreen to do weight lifting in this blokes garage. I rememebr seeing him pull up once when I was a kid and I was star struck lol. He's a local legend in my eyes anyway :)

I went to his son's last night drama party in York many years ago. His son and Bobby's original wife were really nice people as I met Bobby's sons original mother later. I remember all the drama students their. They were all talking about some Nazi real time training they had. It really freaked them all. Chris Stiles drove me to the party in an open top merc, white! Fun night for all. We all got drunk by an open fire, in a mansion drama training school 'til 4 in the morning. It was like some lost footage from Withnail and I. Can you remember Chris? Plus Justine hepplewhite!!! I met her not long after through Chris. Wonderful woman she was, wonderful friends and fun nights!

Anyone know what Bobby Knutt is doing these days ?

We used love his shows when he did the WMC scene. The last time I saw him was at The Crucible in the panto Mother Goose, years ago. We get an ad for Tetley Tea here in Australia and I'm sure it's Bobby Knutts voice. Every time I hear him I laugh as I'm transported back in time to his hilarious act.

he was doing snow white and seven dwarfs at xmas was good too

Hi awass (Andrew ) Did your nan used to live in the flats at Longley hall rd ?

Edited by Mr Pops

Can you remember when he was in a duo called Pea & knutt?I saw him in the Walkley WMC one Sunday before the stripper came on.:hihi:

Mr Pops

I believe she did but, we didn't really have anything to do with her after my parents split.

Kidorry

His original act was the Whirlwinds. At this time, it was expected that during the bands interval, someone would tell a joke or 2. Robert did this one day when the comedian didn't turn up. He found he was more successful doing this than being a musician. He then formed the double act Pea & Nut.

Hi awass (Andrew ) Did your nan used to live in the flats at Longley hall rd ?

Thought so,i used to deliver her papers,when i used to collect the money on Fridays,Bobby once came to the door to pay me. this was about 1978 ish.

I'd be very surprised if he paid you with his own money:)

I have just finished the 'first part' of his autobiography, I couldn't put it down. I was amazed how many names cropped up of local people I knew! Teachers, solicitors, people I went to school with. I think my favourite bits were his season on Isle of Man, ( saw him there) and the account of his vasectomy, I felled about laughing! Good on you Bobby, when is the next book out?

I have just finished the 'first part' of his autobiography, I couldn't put it down. I was amazed how many names cropped up of local people I knew! Teachers, solicitors, people I went to school with. I think my favourite bits were his season on Isle of Man, ( saw him there) and the account of his vasectomy, I felled about laughing! Good on you Bobby, when is the next book out?

did he once live in eckington?????????????

I just replied to Mojo thinking he was right.. come on guys.. is it or isn't it Bobby ? It does sound like him to me.

it is indeed knutty,after brian glover died,the tetley tea men were retired,they have recently been brought back with bobby knutt doing the voice over

Remember him in Corrie-I think he owned the garage that Kevin subsequently bought. Also in The Price of Coal he was in a pit accident and was recognised by his red socks.

it was a young colleague who was recognised by the socks,the lad was called steve oakes,by all accounts,he was named after a lad he met while visiting his mate (club singer barry morley) on the parson cross estate,

does anyone knoe if the film is still in existence?