I saw him in Waterstones book shop on Orchard Square a couple of weeks ago, he was in front of me in the queue at the check out!

I was talking to Knutty at a show he did in South Elmsall, about 5 years ago, he was very kind and gave us the time of day, we wher chatting about United and I asked him if he knew where I could get a copy of his record 'Following Sheffield United' and he said that he didn't even have a copy, I note that quite a few people on here have said that his Record was 'Rubbish' so if anyone as a copy and they don't want? - I would like it! to put on my web page - songs about United page... cheers if anyone can help!

I was in hospital with his nephew in 1967,he is a top bloke.

Not too long ago I saw him at Rotherham Civic with Steve Smith. He said he was doing the cruise ships now

Don't think anyone's mentioned it, but Bobby's finest hour was as miner "Sid Storey" in the 1977 play "Price Of Coal". The play was a classic Barry Hines/Ken Loach (see "Kes") production and was absolute genius. A pity it seems to have been totally forgotten. It also starred Duggie Brown, but many of the actors were "amateurs" - miners and their families. This helped give it a sort-documentary-fly-on-the-wall feel. The play was in two parts - first was a royal visit, second was a disaster at the pit. BTW it was filmed at Thorpe Hesley Colliery (manriding shafts for Smithywood).

For more info have a look on britmovie.co.uk (put in "price of coal")

Last time I saw Bobby Knutt' date=' he was shopping at the Asda in Handsworth where i work, and I had to show him where something was, without actually saying "you're Bobby knutt aren't you?"You just have to treat local celebs as any other customer. The other time when I saw him I was shopping in Morrisons with my mum, and he noticed that we were wondering if it was him, so he came and had a laugh and joke about it[/quote']

Anyone spotted him shopping in Tesco or Sainsburys??

He co owned a fitness club on west street with martie caine at one time name eludes me now

i saw bobby knutt in aladdin at xmas at the lyceum and last year too. ey up knutty......ey up kids....... i remember seeing him as a kid at the crucible wi lesley ash. now im all grow up but not when he is in town lol.. my kids love him too. I never got took on stage tho for the pressies from auntie redgates.

Wasnt he married to miss uk body builder or something?

or was she an ex athlete? donna somebody or other,big hair and big muscles if i remember rightly.:rolleyes:

I've met Donna, she's more muscular than a WWE wrestler! :D

Dunno if she still does, but she used to teach line dancing at the old Bole Hill School in Walkley several years ago, cos my Parents used to go, I went once (didn't dance though) and saw Bobby in the Bar.

i saw bobby knutt in aladdin at xmas at the lyceum and last year too. ey up knutty......ey up kids....... i remember seeing him as a kid at the crucible wi lesley ash. now im all grow up but not when he is in town lol.. my kids love him too. I never got took on stage tho for the pressies from auntie redgates.

We went too with our daughter, it was excellent :)

................the 'Price of Coal' one of (in my opinion) best dramas ever screened. There was a follow up the week after if memory serves me well! The other drama that I remember as being excellant was a play called 'Oy vey Maria' all in the 70's

hi i worked with him at the derby miners welfare holiday centre skegness circa 1976, he was an ok fellow also on the bill was a sheffield group called stagolies, the were brill, george