Is anyone familiar with 'The Exclusive Brethren' religious order?

To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of them, until just seeing this thread you revived.

Other people seem to say similar things about the 'brethren' being good to work with.

I was interested that one poster said you can see all the women in Tesco and Sainsburys Abbeydale and can immediately identify them, as easily as a woman in a burqha. Are these the women and girls I've seen, wearing white head coverings, usually with long dark hair in Tesco?

Presumably the appearance of God on earth would cause the Humanist Society to disband?

He did, in the guise of Jesus, as most Christians believe.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of them, until just seeing this thread you revived.

Other people seem to say similar things about the 'brethren' being good to work with.

I was interested that one poster said you can see all the women in Tesco and Sainsburys Abbeydale and can immediately identify them, as easily as a woman in a burqha. Are these the women and girls I've seen, wearing white head coverings, usually with long dark hair in Tesco?

No that was just the meat counter :hihi:

He did, in the guise of Jesus, as most Christians believe.

I think you'll find that the Humanist society was formed slightly less than two thousand years after that alleged event. So I doubt they were in a position to disband.

No that was just the meat counter :hihi:

:hihi::hihi: Very drole.

I often mention this book - but here is the full title

"Coming of Age in the Milky Way"

Timothy Ferris

Its about the development of ideas of what the universe is, "Aristotle to the Big Bang". While its a pop science book, it is no light read. But, it is really well written.. and it makes the best attempts I have read to explain how quantum stuff, Einstien, Hawkings etc all fit together..

After reading it - you must have a level of brainwashing faith to believe in the NEED for supernatural agents!

(There is quite a good chapter on Darwin as well, but it is a little light,and obv written by a non bioligist)

Mr Space Goose

My preferred tome on the subject is "The Road to Reality" by Roger Penrose.

If anyone is still interested, I am familiar. I've met quite a few and they're great people. They do now use computers and mobile phones (strictly for business only) because it is impossible to conduct modern business without them. TV is entertainment, so they will never allow that. They have a website now to answer any questions you may have: plymouthbrethrenchristianchurch(dot)org

(I can't add a url, because this is my first post, so add a dot where it is needed.)

Regardless of what people may say about it, not having television or radio or entertainment is not detrimental to a good life. What it does mean is that they are generally very talented and have multiple skills because they do not spend time simply being entertained by movies or radio and actually learn to do things themselves, for instance playing musical instruments, and there appears to not be any addiction to video games! Who can say that's not a big bonus? Also generally intelligent as to any kind of academic subject.

They are all pretty well informed on major developments in the world, such as elections and conflicts, but as for any kind of celebrity news or such, no interest.

If you're looking for any other info, the website I mentioned above has it all and there is a place where you can send a message or question and have it replied to. In general, they are very friendly and do not mind any kind of questioning, so if you have a question, go ahead and ask.