Names for a cat

Moggy

Tiddles

Mr Bigglesworth

Tabby (If it's a Tabby cat)

TC

Corky

Garfield

Any of the above really... Or even just go on Google and look for Cat names :)

Me personally, I'd go with Garfield... Despite the fact that the forthcoming Garfield movie will probably suck (hair)balls :lol:

My cats have been called :-

Parsnip - we found him in the veggie patch

Saffron - after lead singer of Republica!

Blaze - coz thats what she was named at the RSPCA

and my mum's cats are called

Sooty and Sweep!

Naming a cat is a serious business. Indeed, according to Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats cats have a name of their own that we're not aware of, as well as the name that they allow themselves to be called by us mere humans.

A couple of ours arrived with names, but but two of ours were named after studying their behaviour for a few days.

Curious (or 'Mr C') was named for his habit of getting in to everything. Jarvis was named after Jarvis Cocker. Kizzy came to us with that name but it fits her because she is a very 'kissy' cat.

I remember calling a local stray FBPC, which stood for 'Fat B*****d Pussy Cat.

Joe

Well I have:

Pilchard (after Bob the builder's cat....she looks vaguely similar, but not blue. She was originally called Henry as we were told she was male!)

Ivy....we wanted them to sound like an old married couple!

Boddington...he's very ginger and when he was a kitten he had a huge 'beer' belly, (turned out he just had worms! lol!)

Xena (warrior kitten) she's very very strange (very cute and cuddly and beautiful. but she likes to leave....presents....and miaow for no reason.

I have Jazz and Delhi (inherited with this name), they also get called the daft tarts, because they are both daft and right tarts.

Del also gets called Dil, Dilbert, and Daftbert, but it doesn't matter because she is too stupid anyway.

My mum has cats called Stanley, Norman, Rhumela and the other is so silly i can't remeber it right now.

I like Eric.

Archived