Famous People in Sheffield

Iwas just wondering if anyones seen anyone famous in or around Sheffield. The only ones ive seen are Prince Naz in meadowhall acting all cocky, the woman who played the mum in that emmerdale family who were axed cos they were off soapstars in Debenhams, Mavis off Coronation Street in Rotherham, Steve Threllfall off the Hula Hoops advert in meadowhall, David Hurst of S.W.F.C and Darren Byfield of R.U.F.C and a football commentator asked me where weighing scales were at work (house of fraser) but i dont know what hes called i just recognised him (im not into football.) Has anyone seen anyone whos actually FAMOUS famous?

:)

I saw Christa Ackroyd (from Look North) at Meadowhall...Talking of Prince Naz he came to my school (firth Park) when he was about 10 with Bomber Graham and not one person from our school could lay a punch on him when they came to promote boxing...

Here is who I have seen in Sheffield

Chris Waddle - still lives in Sheff and he has one of those reg's that we have debated - Wad 8

Gary Megson - who I hear you say? ex wednesday player and manager of WBA

His son goes to my kids school

Dave Bassett - still lives in Sheff

Once saw one of the Human League girls in Sainsbury's Archer Rd.

Naz has his private gym on Abbeydale Rd, you can see his car outside sometimes.

EDIT/ EMMERDALE CAST..... edited cos I forgot to mention that bit! /EDIT

Hello all,

While working Gatecrasher this saturday I had a surreal evening.

After the guy who plays Andy Sugden walked over and shook my hand, I had another surprise when the guy who played Jason Kirk came over for a chat.

Apparently some of the cast had been to see some Motorcross show at the Sheffield Arena and then onto the 'crasher.

Then popped out the guy who plays Danny, the guy who plays Aly (the kid with a heart condition) and the guy who plays (played) Stephen who is Andy's gay farm friend.

I feel bad that I don't know these guys real names, so I'll just have to refer to them with their character names. 'Danny' decided he was too good to chat with the Republic Doorstaff so he buggered off. 'Andy' shook our hands and also buggered off (I think the head doorman upset him by saying he was just as Ugly in real life).

'Stephen' (who was also in the Full Monty) and 'Aly' stood and chatted to us for a good 45mins to and hour about soap life in general.

We made reference to how good looking the girls who play Chloe and Katie are and that it was a shame they didn;t join them on their evening out.

Apparently 'Stephens' contract is now over and he is no longer in the soap. 'Aly' asked that next time he dropped by could he jump the queue for entry.... it's only fair that I said for him to come and see me and I'll give him the queue jump he wanted.

The guy who plays 'Stephen' actually lives off Ecclesall road somewhere so I should have mentioned to him to drop by the Sheffield Forum for a chat, but in the awe of things I forgot... DOH!

Oh well... there is another Gatecrasher this weekend, so if they come out again... I WILL mention it!

8)8)8)

Archived