Jack straw do you agree with his opinions on veils?

The difference is that their culture asks for women cover their bodies; it's a modesty thing. There's a world of difference between showing your body off and covering your face. Our culture is more liberal and more accepting than theirs.

And it's not just 'Muslim countries' which proscribe women from walking around in low cut tops and mini skirts. Try walking around in Vatican City looking like a slut and see if it goes over well there.

look mate i never said that, i was just stating something i heard!

:hihi: very funny,but seriously Jack hasnt all of a sudden gone BNP ,he is simply asking those who visit him to show him some respect.

Im suprised though that we havent seen the usual demos in the street calling for death and what have you,mind you theres still time.:thumbsup:

BNP members leaping to the defence of senior New Labour politicians.....that's new;)

BNP members leaping to the defence of senior New Labour politicians.....that's new;)

Yes I know,I will get ribbed by my party colegues for this.:hihi:

It might have escaped some people's attention but most muslim women don't wear the veil. Do we know what percentage of muslim women do you see observing this type of dress code?

If only three percent of the population are muslim, and if half are women and in this country only one or two percent of them wear a veil, and of that an insignificant number would go to see JC,then we might realise that all this paranoid bleating is not about the veil at all but about the underlying hate for the muslims.

It isn't the muslims who are complaining at all but all the non muslims and the non muslims doing stupid things like holding polls on wheather muslims should be dressing this way or that, well so much for freedom of expression then. Why are you all winging on about something that's unlikely to affect you in in way or form unless you choose to wear a veil out of choice.

Excellent post:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Totally agree with you, you've stated some very good and valid points in the post.

Well he has now upped the ante.

Jack Straw has reignited the row over his request for Muslim women to remove their veils, by admitting he would prefer the garments not to be worn at all.

Timesonline

What's he after, I wonder?

I cant for the life of me see what he can gain by saying this:loopy: Still hes quite right.

Walking round town today, I was thinking that a lot more women ought to wear viels, some right mingers out there!!:hihi: :hihi:

It's funny you should say that, swordfish, I was thinking exactly the same about some of the manky blokes I saw as well ... cover yourself up for pity's sake!

it's Veils btw :)

Cabinet Minister Jack Straw has said he would prefer Muslim women not to wear veils at all. he would rather the veils be discarded completely do you agree with his comments?

nope.

why should they remove them?

he is just being petty and pedantic ... there is no real reason why they should have to remove thier veils - its just another example of how people sometimes begin to believe their own importance so think others should do what they are told.

... why doesnt he concentrate on really important issues that need serious debate instead of wasting time on an irrelevant topic???

anyone think he looks like the 'demon headmaster' from that kids tv prog?:D

Walking round town today, I was thinking that a lot more women ought to wear viels, some right mingers out there!!:hihi: :hihi:

pmsl!!

just splurted my drink all over me monitor and keyboard!!!!

:D :D :D

I'm wondering if this storm has been brewed up on purpose in order to 'bury' another bad news story?

I can't say too much about what I know but hopefully it will make the papers shortly (it was due to do so today).

I'm wondering if this storm has been brewed up on purpose in order to 'bury' another bad news story?

I can't say too much about what I know but hopefully it will make the papers shortly (it was due to do so today).

oooh, do tell!!

... or will you self destruct in 5 seconds if you do?:D

I cant for the life of see what he can gain by saying this:loopy: Still hes quite right.

In the area where was popular he doesn't hold the same sway as he is now an ex minister plus the Iraq war along with other events have conspired against him. Clutching at the straws may describe his situation, so he is re-positioning himself to make inroads at the voter bank he hasn't tried before, your BNP voters Roy. You my dear have a challenger on your hands so looks like the racist party stands to loose more from this man of "Straw" than seems on the outset. It's simple old politics Roy surely you knew that already, didn't you?