Sheffield Badminton Club (part 1)

marcus

Hi all,

I just joined today and saw this thread and I am very interested in coming a long and playing. I go to Ponds Forge 3 times a week but I drive so I am flexible. Please let me know when the next meet is and I would love to come along and play.

Thanks

Kit

HypnoToad iv just you an email.

I'll keep looking on this thread for times/places that suit me. Ideally, Ponds Forge ones are best for me.

I am also a member at Ponds Forge, and if you like a game of Badminton there sometime you can count me in! Weekends would be preferrable, as I get a discount there on weekends. I am an average player - not a newbie, but not a champ either. If you plan a game sometime, you can count me in!

With apologies to those of you who manage to check your forum more often than I do:

It looks like we have a regular Tuesday evening 8:30pm session at Hillsborough Leisure Centre.

There are also games being organised saturdays (See Mandarin, Jen and Wendy)

On Tuesday's we meet in the leisure centre just outside the foyer that leads to the main sports hall. This is NOT the main reception foyer it's a little further down. The magic ladies on reception can point you in the right direction. I usually lurk around at the bottom of the steps that lead up to the gym/cafe area and tend to get there around 8:15 to get changed and get ready to play for 8:30

I have two courts booked for this week so the more the merrier.

On the subject of feeling a bit of a beginner, I sympathise with how you must be feeling Visky, but don't worry, we are a friendly bunch who talk a much better game than we play. By all means come along and watch, but you might as well bring your racket because one will probably be thrust into your hand

anyway :)

Just to avoid a bit of confusion with Sandeep/Jen's Sat games I'll try to list who is coming, I'm aiming for a MAX of 6/court so it'll be first come first served (no pun intended). If 6/court is unworkable then I'll get more courts, it's a work in progress thing ;)

So far I've got (and tell me if I'm wrong or I've missed you off, lets make sure it's up to date so nobody gets turn away from a few games):

Scottf

Twigg

Mandarin

Vicky (watching ;) )

Frankie04

Aaron (I'm assuming, correct if I'm wrong)

Me

Which should be good for a couple of courts, some doubles, some singles.

Anyone else fancy joining us? PM me if you have more than 10 posts or if you're dying to come along and it's Tues evening, drop me a txt on 07769941078. It's a relaxed way to play some sport, need to sort out going for a pint and a relax afterwards if there are anty decent venues in the area?

Cost per court is 7.60 and it's divided (as much as my maths allows) between those who are playing. I think watchers can avoid payment :)

"The only way to get better is to play against a better opponent"

So I got to be getting better as I think everyone is better than me *sigh*

Have a good weekend folks,

Mattel

We need one more person to make up a doubles tomorrow at one at Goddwins Sports centre if anyone fancies it?

Hi Joanne,

I think I may be too late but what time are you playing? I would like to come along and play.

Thanks

Kit

I am also a member at Ponds Forge, and if you like a game of Badminton there sometime you can count me in! Weekends would be preferrable, as I get a discount there on weekends. I am an average player - not a newbie, but not a champ either. If you plan a game sometime, you can count me in!

Im an Unlimited member so i can go to Hillsborough too, but i prefer Ponds Forge because its in town. I live in Hackenthorpe so its quite a treck to Hillsborough Leisure Centre.

Im having a lazy weekend this weekend and cant even be bothered to go to gym, but if you fancy it, we could organise a game one weekend?

I too am a member of Fitness Unlimited, and I use the gym at Ponds Forge. But I still play at Hillsborogh because I the rest of us who play prefer to play there. Of course, the fact that I stay near Hillsborough also helps :D However, if you would like a game at Ponds Forge do let me know and we can plan out something!

HypnoToad can also join us (if he is back in Sheffield)

I too am a member of Fitness Unlimited, and I use the gym at Ponds Forge. But I still play at Hillsborogh because I the rest of us who play prefer to play there. Of course, the fact that I stay near Hillsborough also helps :D However, if you would like a game at Ponds Forge do let me know and we can plan out something!

HypnoToad can also join us (if he is back in Sheffield)

I can still make it to Hillsborough Leisure Centre, i just prefer PF because its not as far to travel.

Id definitely be up for a game some time, just let me know when your free. Im at Ponds Forge gym Monday, Wednesday and Thursday this week after work. Cant play on Tuesday though.

If you have got MSN, add me Kirstylm21@hotmail.com and we can sort something out.

K x