Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

who is the party for? for other kids, your family or for your mates and she'll be pretty much the only child there?

our friends had the first few birthdays at home, and now the kids have friends and like to throw themselves round more they hire a hall such as the scout hut or cricket social club for a couple of hours - try your local church if this is what you were thinking of :thumbsup:

who is the party for? for other kids, your family or for your mates and she'll be pretty much the only child there?

our friends had the first few birthdays at home, and now the kids have friends and like to throw themselves round more they hire a hall such as the scout hut or cricket social club for a couple of hours - try your local church if this is what you were thinking of :thumbsup:

Hiya, well it's pretty much only going to be our families, and neither are huge. She is the only young child in the immediate family, and I don't fancy a big do with everyone (all friends, both families- even the distant relatives) being there. I know they don't remember at this age, just wanted to celebrate her first year on earth lol.... I know they can go to soft play warehouses etc. when they are a bit older, but maybe not at 1?

Have a bbq at home have some friends and family round, we did that for the first couple of years so you dont have to cart loads of baby stuff around and you can put your child down for a nap if tired.

When Sccop jr was one he really loved balloons, so we bought about a hundred and after he'd gone to bed the night before his birthday me and Mr Scoop blew them all up so that they filled the whole living room.

He was delighted and of course we had a little tea party at home for our family, where he learnt the joy of ripping the paper off hundreds of presents.

It was lovely.

Have a bbq at home have some friends and family round, we did that for the first couple of years so you dont have to cart loads of baby stuff around and you can put your child down for a nap if tired.

Why didn't I think of that!!! We (unfortunately) live in a tiny 4th floor flat but I suppose at her great-grandmas or her grandma and grandads we could, should be nice and warm with any luck on 8th August!

you could by a childs bouncy-castle or ball pool for the gaden for your daughter and the rest of you have a bbq that way every1s happy but make you you buy one of the small bouncy castles my next droor neigbour has the same sort of thing but the child cant get out of it becuse there is inflated bars going across it that way you dont have to have eyes in the back of your head :)

how about graves park

You could have a picnic, go to the farm and im sure last time i went they have a bouncing castle,all depends on the weather i supose

good luck:)

i need ideas what to do for my little girls first birthday can't seem to think of anything good

There's a huge thread on this Chryll so I'm going to merge it, there's lots of ideas for you there and some feedback from events too.

Hi everyone

im looking for a good party venue for my daughters 2nd birthday,somthing that has that something a little bit more then just the normal softplay with a hundred other kids running about spoiling the magical moments.

so does anyone know of anywhere or have any recommendations??

stuchyg

Mine are bigger these days, but we had a party at the YMCA soft play when one of them was little. You hire the room just for your party and they do games and have a party tea after:)

Obviously I dont know if they still do this but maybe worth a phone call

There's a soft play area in Rotherham behind the B&Q. I think it's called Camelot and it is only small so your party has exclusive use of it for the duration of the party. The birthday boy/girl gets to dress up in their choice of Camelot style clothes. The staff also play a game with them. My little boy has only been to one party there and loved it.