Things that irritate you beyond belief...

:o Halibut! Post no.306. :o Has your worm turned! Have we lost the "I'm kind to kids, animals and all mankind at last! :o

:hihi: :hihi:

Oi! Hands off my worm! It's movements are a strictly private affair!

(Actually I do have a remarkably hard-hearted and cynical side - I just keep it well hidden...:suspect: )

Nobody dear heart, but really - trees, leaves? It's nature! Red in tooth and claw and all that. Please tell me you don't have one of those air fresheners in your bathroom.....

I don't actually, the smell gives me a headache. We just open the window. Re: the olive trees. Way back when, our neighbor had 10 olive trees planted at the back of his lot, which faces the side of our lot, and the trees are now HUGE and overhanging. That side is only partly fenced, and is also close to the street. Olive trees look nice and need practically no water, they are common as weeds in California. Unfortunately, they are not the fruitless kind, and if not properly cared for, the dropping fruit leaves awful, purple stains on anything it touches. Sidewalks, patios, driveways, cars. The olives with hard pits are also a b*tch to pick out of the grass, and turn into projectiles if run over with a lawn mower. Mixed with leaves and water from the lawn sprinklers, it's the Devil's own purple soup.

In the past, we've sprayed the trees ourselves in the spring which stops the fruit, but we didn't get around to it this year. Our neighbor is 80 years young and stubborn as a Missouri mule. He refuses to see those trees cut down or even cut back, even though we've offered to pay for it. The gardeners are supposed to clean yard debris, but they stop at the property line. Ten trees makes a whole lotta mess, although two died and he had those removed so now there's only eight. The guys who are being paid blow the mess onto our property and out into the street, hurriedly mow and edge the lawn, and get the hell outta there. After 12 years, I'm tired of scrubbing purple stains and disposing of olives. I know there are worse things in life, but indulge me and let me vent. My husband thanks you in advance. :D

:) Sierra

I don't actually, the smell gives me a headache. We just open the window. Re: the olive trees. Way back when, our neighbor had 10 olive trees planted at the back of his lot, which faces the side of our lot, and the trees are now HUGE and overhanging. That side is only partly fenced, and is also close to the street. Olive trees look nice and need practically no water, they are common as weeds in California. Unfortunately, they are not the fruitless kind, and if not properly cared for, the dropping fruit leaves awful, purple stains on anything it touches. Sidewalks, patios, driveways, cars. The olives with hard pits are also a b*tch to pick out of the grass, and turn into projectiles if run over with a lawn mower. Mixed with leaves and water from the lawn sprinklers, it's the Devil's own purple soup.

In the past, we've sprayed the trees ourselves in the spring which stops the fruit, but we didn't get around to it this year. Our neighbor is 80 years young and stubborn as a Missouri mule. He refuses to see those trees cut down or even cut back, even though we've offered to pay for it. The gardeners are supposed to clean yard debris, but they stop at the property line. Ten trees makes a whole lotta mess, although two died and he had those removed so now there's only eight. The guys who are being paid blow the mess onto our property and out into the street, hurriedly mow and edge the lawn, and get the hell outta there. After 12 years, I'm tired of scrubbing purple stains and disposing of olives. I know there are worse things in life, but indulge me and let me vent. My husband thanks you in advance. :D

:) Sierra

Blimey! Hope you feel better for that (guess I 'misunderestimated' - to use a Bush-ism - the scale of the problem). You're welcome Mr Sierra.

WHAT?? :rant:

Everyone knows that the "default" position is with the seat down. Google toilet and 99.9% of the pictures will have have the toilet in the correct position. Plus everyone can use the toilet with the seat down; (over) half the population can't when the seat is up.

And hey, if you guys don't care, then why do y'all complain that we complain about it? :hihi:

Thank you, well said!!!

• 1 year later...

Without a doubt its speaking on the phone, more so mobiles than house phones.

I love to chat to random strangers, especially people I do know, even type, text and write letters.

But speaking over the phone really *$&%&%&*$ me off.

If the call is longer than a minute, I'll either put down the phone or end up coming across rude.

All I want to do with a phone is arrange a meeting place and time, within the 15 seconds any man should be able to do.

NB a phonecall with a landline maytake me 5 minutes for me to get irate.