Egg and grapefruit diet - anyone tried it?

I used it years ago when I lived in Paris and I did lose weight and yes it is called the Mayo Diet.

Be wary though ladies, eating grapefruit regularly can cancel out the contraceptive effect of the pill. A housemate of mine became pregnant because of this :nod:

Be wary though ladies, eating grapefruit regularly can cancel out the contraceptive effect of the pill. A housemate of mine became pregnant because of this :nod:

That's what she told the father I suppose. What twaddle. :D

Ask a doctor then. Her doctor was the one who worked it out for her as it made no sense.

I used it years ago when I lived in Paris and I did lose weight and yes it is called the Mayo Diet.

Oh dear, I wonder if an egg and orange diet would work instead?!

Oh dear, I wonder if an egg and orange diet would work instead?!

Or cutting out the meat and two veg. :hihi:

Hi, I have just joined this site, does anybody out there have details of the mayo clinic diet they could send me? Tried everything else, desparate!

So has the OP managed to lose weight after all it is only 1lb/year?

Why are people so obsessed with diets anyway? surely it would be better (and and a more enjoyable way to spend your life) to train hard for one or two hours per week, then then not have to worry about what you eat for the other 146 hours during the week.

Watching what you eat, feeling guily for eating a bun all week etc...... why do people put themselves through this?

I'll bet you've not tried simply avoiding salt and salty food. Just try it!

Actually the Egg and Grapefruit diet does work. I know it sounds a bit faddy but it works. REALLY:thumbsup:

It's not that it sounds faddy; it's that it sounds unhealthy.